May 19, 2021

Enchanted Dreams


Time for a little escape to my back woods. I noticed a little girl there the other day, having a wonderful enchanted dream with some robins in a Mini Bird House Shrine. The moss has grown up all around it, making it very cozy. Warm on a rainy day and cool on a hot day. That is why I love my woods so much. A quiet escape, despite the thousands of 17 year cicadas that are taking over soon. 


Anyone who loves the woods, birds, nests and eggs is in for a surprise with this treat from Alpha Stamps this month, a nature filled Bird Watcher Kit. Below is a picture of all the goodies that come along with the kit. 


The new Bird Watcher Prints & Solids 12x12 Paper Pad is one of my new favorites. It's enchanting, how the birds look like a vintage toile of sorts. 




Using the Spring Green Lichen Mix made it super easy to cover all of the bird house edges and also helped to make an extra cozy nest. It can be found on the Alpha Stamps web site as well as other "ground" coverings like the Green Turf Grass I used and more. The extra bonus is that the moss growing at the bottom of my tree is almost a perfect match with the others that I used. 






There are so many details to this little wonder, but using my favorite paper to cover the house, some glue and greenery made this an easy project. The Mini Rose Buds are red and yellow variegated and add just the right pop of color. I like to wind the wire stem around a toothpick to make them into a corkscrew accent. 



Even if you don't have your own back woods to venture to, you can still create a little retreat for yourself with this kit. And once the sky is covered with cicadas, I can stay inside and pretend that I am in my own enchanted dream. 

xoxo
Rhonda...
 

No comments: