April 28, 2021

We're All Mad


Here's an over the top project I did using many of the new goodies from the April Alpha Stamps 
Kit titled, "The Mad Hatter's Tea Party". Loving Alice like I do, I took advantage of many of the other like themed items that are available for this oh so cute book.


One of my current obsessions is creating my own books. I dye vintage and new papers, gather cool items from long ago, and sew them all into a book. So of course, I had to give this a go using all of these fab chipboard "pages" of characters known to Alice. 


There are lots of great artist that share tutorials on different stitching techniques on line. I liked this one by Sea Lemon, DIY Kettle Stitch Bookbinding Tutorial. It was very easy to follow along and seeing the task being done up close really helps me to absorb and learn. It looks complicated when you see an example like the one above, but trust me. Once you get the jest of it, it is VERY easy to complete.


One of my favorite things about this kit is the Alice's Tea Party 6x6 Paper Pad. I'm used to seeing more bold colors in Alice in Wonderland themed items, but the soft colors and designs really inspired me.


The kit includes two sheets each of 5 double-sided designs. But you can also purchase the set of sheets on it's own. To see more of the items I used, check out the link below to all of my supplies.


Here's a flip through of the entire book in order. 

















There are so many awesome Alice collage sheets available. After I covered each chipboard shape with the Alice's Tea Party 6x6 Paper Pad, I went along one "page" at a time and picked out the image I liked that went well with the papers and fit perfectly to the "page".







Thank you so much for paying me a visit. I hope this finds you all healthy and happy. 

xoxo
Rhonda... 

2 comments:

kathleen codyrachel said...

This is so wonderful - I just ordered what I hopeis everything I need - I love Alice! Thats so much♥️

Mary Anne Hergert said...

I think that you did a spectacular work on this Alice journal.I would like to join your blog group so I will be able to see your projects. thank you for your beautiful miniatures.