February 24, 2021

Star Filled Dreams

It brings my spirit peace when I am creating, especially when it is a miniature space that I can get lost in. The latest kit from Alpha Stamps titled, "Lucky Star" is put together to make the perfect creative escape. 


I began with this  Square Half Scale Corner Room Box. After easily putting it together with a tad of glue, I gave it a light coat of white paint. I don't like to paint the chipboard too much because it might warp if I get it too wet. One thing that really helped in the design was how beautifully this set of Lucky Star 12x12 Scrapbook Papers are, it made it easy to put the room together.


For my side table, I used an image from the Mini Alchemy Half Collage Sheet. I also used a vintage cufflink as framed art.




Lucky Star Crescent 12x12 Scrapbook Paper is the perfect choice for the walls of my room. The detail is gorgeous, and I traced over the outside of the moon with a sharp colored pencil, to make the edges jump out even more. Then I added some bling. 


The  Lucky Star Nova 12x12 Scrapbook Paper was my choice for the floor because it had a trimmed edge which was perfect for a "carpet". I trimmed the opposite edge off and added it for the second corner of my floor.


I am in love with this new Cobalt Blue German Glass Glitter. It's so mysterious and rich in color.


The 1:24 Bed Standard was super easy to create. Again, after gluing it together I added a tad of white paint. To make the bedspread, I simply cut off the amount of paper to "reach the floor" and kept the trim on the top that shows what the other side of the paper has on it. It made for a perfect fold over on the bed spread. Next, I shaped the paper over the bed and made a scalloped trim with some shaped scissors. 


For the pillow, I used the exact same cut of trimmed paper and and folded the paper twice, to make a pocket of sorts. I added glue on only one edge of the pillow and tucked some trimmed cotton pads into the opening. I really love the end result.



Now if I could only shrink and have a weekend away in this cozy little room. 




Hope this finds you all healthy, happy, and in a good mental place!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

xoxo
Rhonda...

1 comment:

Betty R said...

So clever and precious....the detail is remarkable...love the tea set and the German glitter!! Admirable job, Rhonda!!