June 5, 2019

Butterfly Garden Flip Book

Lately, I have been searching through antique shops and thrift stores for old books full of butterflies, birds, flowers, ferns and mushrooms. They can be really hard to find. I have always been fond of vintage ephemera and using layers upon layers in my art work. So this months "Butterfly Garden Kit" over at Alpha Stamps has really been a treat for me.


The included Butterfly Garden papers and new Collage Sheets (Antique ATC Pockets & Butterflies and Antique Ledger ATC Pockets & Cards) have the perfect combination of layers and are just beautiful. I decided to use them on this black tabbed book.


Below is a little snippet from Alpha Stamps telling all that is included in the kit.

Inspired by the new Butterfly Garden papers (the kit includes 1 each of all TWELVE papers from the 6x6 pad), this kit also includes 3 beautiful metal butterflies or bees (perhaps large for charms but perfect for a page embellishments), TWO new collage sheets, and a Tall Accordion Book Letter Folder with a matching accordion book! The chipboard folder and accordion book are sized for adding the pockets on the new collage sheets (which in turn can fit ATCs).


As detailed as my flip book is, it really took little effort to put it all together. And the only real vintage items I used were millinery flowers that I have collected over the years and the labels from the hats they adorned.


There is also a gorgeous "Butterfly Garden Ephemera" set that is available to purchase separately from the kit.


I added this Wide Letter Box Accordion Book to one of my pages and attached it with a bit of twine and a key shaped paper clip. I really love how the black background frames the papers, collage sheet images, and looks so rich with the purple hues of the papers.






Another vintage millinery flower petal adds to the richness.



I love this little pocket and tag. Wonderful layers, some ledger paper background, the flowers and a wonderful red framed label (yes I collect those too). But it's actually an easy pocket from the Antique ATC Pockets & Butterflies collage sheet. 



Yes, those are PERFECT layers, but all you have to do is cut it out!



Another beautiful and easy to create page. 










There are those hat labels I mentioned. I just couldn't let them go to waste.



The back is as beautiful as the front. 



Life is Beautiful! Especially when you can create something to share with others. Hope you're feeling inspired! Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Rhonda...

1 comment:

Diana said...

This is lovely. It is so feminine and fresh. Great job, Rhonda.