June 19, 2019

A Journal For Vintage Sewing Treasures


I have really found a passion for creating journals. I have so many wonderful treasures and it is nice to display them inside of a journal that can be looked through, instead of inside a box on a shelf.


I have hoarded so many treasures over the years, protected the aged beauty, but why? You have one life, might just as well use the things you have and love. Some journals can become a new family heirloom full of heirlooms that once were.


Many of the vintage sewing items I have came from my mother and my grandmother's collections. I think they look even more gorgeous gathered on the pages of this journal.




Both my mother and my grandmother were so talented at sewing gorgeous clothes and costumes. Below is an old pattern I found that was sent to my grandmother. I love the snazzy lady on the envelope!




On many of these pages, you can't tell the real vintage item from the Alpha Stamps Collage Sheet image. And there are so many collage sheets to choose from.






I am still loving these pockets from the May Alpha Stamps Coins, Coasters and Holders Kit. The great thing is that you can still purchase items from former kits and these sure do come in handy.



A bit of glue on the top and bottom of a piece of paper, and you have an instant pocket for holding things like old sewing needle advertising cards.




Again, a pocket formed by using a larger image from the Vintage Sewing #2 (Singer) Collage Sheet.












Layers and layers of papers, be it vintage or new, what can be better? I so enjoy creating these mini collages within a journal. So much so, I'm making yet another one. Hope I have inspired you to use the things you have. Thanks for stopping by!

xo
Rhonda...

No comments: