August 24, 2018

Nature Study

If you're anything like me, you love vintage images of nature and butterflies. Another favorite, library card catalog drawers, thread drawers, any and all drawers. This months Anthology ATC Kit over at Alpha Stamps brings plenty of variety for use on a multitude of projects, including my Nature Study. Let's take a peek inside of my tiny specimen drawers.


I began with this cool ATC Envelope Folder that is easy to decorate, and has plenty of spots to add lots of detail.




Of course, there are lots of different routes to take with the included kit supplies, but I chose this fabulous Antholog.y 12x12 Scrapbook Paper called Apothecary Drawers, also available at Alpha Stamps.


I am absolutely in love with this paper!





Recently I have found a passion for using water colors. Above is a Water Media ATC Card which seemed perfect for a little color splash. A beautiful Dresden Butterfly specimen is included.


On the other side I added another splash, a sampling of beetles from the 12x12 page Anthology Scrapbook Paper - Ephemera, and some real vintage ephemera from an old book.


To add even more details and "specimens" to my study, I used this ATC Ticket Journal.


I used a combination of images from the English Fairy Garden Collage Sheet and a vintage book about moths by W.J. Holland. Did you notice that my Kraft ATC Envelope is addressed to him?







Do you feel inspired yet? I hope so! My next project with be for the ornithologist, again using supplies left from this beautiful kit.


Thanks for stopping by!
xo
Rhonda...

2 comments:

Kathlene said...

Love the accordion set.

kathleen codyrachel said...

Love this kit!😍 Love the imagery and style of finished project!