September 22, 2018

An Ode to the Black Cat




The first pet I ever owned as an adult was a stray black cat. I had him for over 15 years and he was my baby. After he went over the rainbow bridge, another black stray showed up. He has the same meow, lays in the same places, and acts exactly the same. Sometimes I wonder if he isn't the same cat in a new body. They do say cats have nine lives.  I've now had him for 12 years. Or should I say he has had me? 


I know those of you who know me will find this hard to believe, hahaha, but I do have a few vintage black cats and vintage Halloween black cats. So in honor of my love of  black cats, here are some cool shrines which you can now get over at Alpha Stamps.




This little guy, which came from the Halloween 2x2 Collage Sheet, is on a little spring I made from twisted wire. Watch out, he might bite. 




Vintage glass glitter always makes everything better. I painted the shrine black first, then added lots of black glass glitter.


Vintage Halloween 2x2 Number Squares Scrapbook Paper is great for a Halloween themed countdown. Even better, it's included in the Halloween Kit






To attach the moon, I painted a wood skewer black, wrapped it in wire, and added more glass glitter. A little line of glue sealed it into place. I'm just over the moon with this idea, lol.  


Black cats and the number 13 have always been lucky for me. I guess this little shrine might scare some people. 





I always like the back of my project to look as good as the front. This precious child looking lovingly at this fella made me chuckle.  You can find it here, Halloween #1 Collage Sheet



Halloween is my favorite time for projects and the latest kit from Alpha Stamps has once again filled my creativity. Be sure to check out all of the other Spook-tacular  themed goodies including TONS of vintage imaged collage sheets and more! And for my complete supply list, just click the link below.


Thanks for stopping by,
xoxo
Rhonda...

No comments: