November 24, 2016

Don't Be A Scrooge


What a perfect way to tell a story and make a tradition, using one of these marvelous Large House Shrine with Doors. With all of the new goodies at Alpha Stamps, I decided to go with a Scrooge theme and I LOVE the results! There is even a little drawer on the bottom to keep the necessary story elements. 


I'm blessed with so many goodies, I decided to try to create my own door with the materials I already had. The Dollhouse Windows with Shutters comes with several creative goodies. After creating my indoor windows, I used the remaining shutters to create my front door. Some additional hardware and secret molding (Shabby Chic Resin Fireplace and Shelf Set) and my door is complete. 



Open the doors and inside you find a cold room where Scrooge sits to look at his books and drink his evening tea. Little does he know what awaits him. 


The fire looks complicated, but it is far from it with the help of the Victorian Fireplace Collage Sheet which fits this Narrow Victorian Fireplace perfectly! . 




Those embers aren't just red paint, they are true, Glowing Embers that light up and thankfully, do not create heat. 



"I wear the chain I forged in life. I made it link by link, and yard by yard; I girded it on of my own free will, and of my own free will I wore it.” 



                                                      "You will be haunted by three spirits".


"I release you, Ebenezer, for the love of the man you once were". 


"I am the Ghost of Christmas Present. Look upon me! You have never seen the like of me before"!


The most ominous of all the spirits, he is a robed, silent figure. The spirit points his bony hand towards the visions he has in store, and eventually leads Scrooge to his own lonely grave stone. 


Of course, there are several more scenes I could create from this Classic story, and plenty of room to store characters and elements in this roomy drawer.  


Below are pictures of the fireplace and the fireplace basket so that you can see how the pieces fit together. A tad of glue and your fire is good to go. 









When growing up, I lived in a Victorian house that at the time, I hated, but I'd kill to live in it today. In my parents bedroom was an angled fireplace. On the opposite side of the wall in the next room, was another angled fireplace. I decided to angle this one as well so all of the wonderful details and glowing embers could be seen. I used chip board with a layer of "wallpaper", measured to equal the width of my fireplace. 


The really nice thing about the angled wall is that it allows me a spot to hide my wire and batteries. 


The shingled roof was painted with shades of black, grey, brown, and Cracked Pistachio for an aged look. I also sprinkled the wet paint with a tad of salt to give it more texture. 


Do I see a ghost in the window below?


I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my story. If you have any questions or want more info, feel free to leave a comment and I will get right back to you. 

“I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!” 

God bless us, every one!
Rhonda...

Alpha Stamps Supply List 

A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

4 comments:

Shannon Cooper said...

Utterly fantastic! All of the details you added bring this to life. Love that fireplace!

Melanie Curtis said...

Love your room Rhonda! My parents also had a Victorian House - Queen Anne- beautiful but very cold & drafty! Where did you find your characters to populate your scene - the ghosts & Scrooge? Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Curtis said...

Love your room Rhonda! My parents also had a Victorian House - Queen Anne- beautiful but very cold & drafty! Where did you find your characters to populate your scene - the ghosts & Scrooge? Thanks for sharing!

Melanie Curtis said...

Love your room Rhonda! My parents also had a Victorian House - Queen Anne- beautiful but very cold & drafty! Where did you find your characters to populate your scene - the ghosts & Scrooge? Thanks for sharing!