November 7, 2015

Countdown To Christmas

I already have the Christmas Spirit. I wonder why that is? Ohhhh, it must be because of the recent Christmas Tag Swap over at Alpha Stamps! I've already been busy, creating Christmas art. It is never a hard thing to do and I tend to gravitate towards the older decor of the holidays.


In addition to lots of wonderful goodies to use on tags, you can also find this easy to assemble Library Pocket Organizer Box. A dab of glue and some festive papers equals instant decor for any table top. Not only can you display it with tags, it's also the perfect size to hold your Christmas Cards. Scatter a few all around and feel the love of the Holidays! I added wooden finials to the bottom of my box.



Yes, it looks like a festive package that doesn't need to be unwrapped. Super simple, just add a thin line of glue, place your trim on top, add an extra if you like, a little sprig of berries and done! I used one long piece around the the whole box, and cut strips to fit each side.


I'm sure many of you use an Advent Calendar as a countdown for Christmas, with a little treat each day. My girls LOVE this tradition and that brings us another idea for this handy box with tags. 


There are lots of options for numbers, one being this precious A Victorian Christmas Clear Stamp Set. I used it along with Antiquities Embossing Powder in both Red Cinnabar and Verdigres


There is also a set of Faux Metal Number Plates. I really thought that I accidentally received real metal plates. Comes in a set of 25, perfect for a Christmas countdown!


It's easy to clip a piece of candy onto each tag with a clothes pin. I used two designs of tissue tape, one color for each girl. I can't tell you how many days begin with an argument, "It's my turn" or "She did it yesterday", blah blah blah. This way, each child has their own color and I don't have to hurt my brain trying to remember who went last. 


Candy can also be placed behind each tag, let them grab their choice. 


When that day is done, the tag can be placed behind one of these handy tabbed pocket dividers. Easy to decorate, I just covered in festive paper and used a collage sheet image. 




Kids can even join in on creating the tags. With the latest Christmas Tag kit, they will have everything they need, papers, collage sheets, and trims at one low price. 




For even more fun, and to receive some tags from other artists, join in on the latest Christmas Tags Swap. Tags to keep for many years of memories and festive decor. 


I'll have more Christmas ideas to share with you, so be sure to visit again soon! Happy Creating!


No comments: