October 12, 2011

Almost Halloween

Where has the year gone? I can't believe Halloween is almost here! I have been sorting, cleaning out and rearranging my studio, but have been able to get some art work completed with enjoyment.  Good thing, seeing how art is my "therapy".


I love the Halloween theme.  I have a corner of my studio dedicated to it and can't wait to see what arches and ATCs I get in return.  My good friend Terri from Designs By Terri Gordon hosted both of these swaps through the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group.  I found this black and white image of a "skeletal" Marie and was able to choose her colors myself.  I love how she turned out!


Took me forever to get Marie's arm curved around that precious black cat.  I just love black cats, and the #13.  Must be why two of my cats are solid black. I'm still working on a Halloween themed cone (tussie mussie) as well as a witch hat for our annual gala.  I'll share pictures of those as well as my returns very soon.

If you would like to see even more arches and awesome Halloween-ness, be sure to stop by and see Kris and Nostalgic Collage. She also has an amazing year round Halloween themed blog at A Nostalgic Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are enjoying the season!  Boo!


9 comments:

Rhonda said...

When I think of Halloween, I always think of how much you love it! A Marie Halloween is so perfect!

I'm looking at your Yahoo avatar and laughing because mine looks like yours! Two Rhondas, who knew?

I need to type you a long email, my friend.

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Rhonda, I love your Halloween Arches and cards, they are wonderful, love the browns, orange and green in them. Thanks for commenting on my blog about my son's book, lucky number 17 won, that's you. I sent you an email. I have been bad and not visiting blogs, so I need to catch up on yours. Hugs, Terri

Kris Dickinson said...

The arch and the ATCs are amazing! WOW, can't wait to see them IRL! Thanks so much for playing. ((HUGS)) Kris

JoAnne said...

Awessome arches! Love them!

Kristen Pare said...

Hi Rhonda, I found your blog searching for Marie art. Love all your ATC's especially the black cat. So sweet. Nice to meet your wonderful art, Kris

April said...

Hi Rhonda, found you through Kris' halloween blog. You do amazing work! Love your choice of colors and images and your arrangements.

Whimsicalnotions said...

These are so fun ohh i miss my studio but i love my craft corner anyway,Christmas crafting has begun at my work table,
Hugs Rhonda
Jules

Rhonda said...

How did I miss this? She is gorgeous, you put some time into this piece.

I know Marie loved dressing up with masks.

Rhonda said...

How did I miss this? She is gorgeous, you put some time into this piece.

I know Marie loved dressing up with masks.