November 11, 2011

Goodness!  I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted.  My poor blog is so neglected.  Life has been busy, but has many, many blessings.  I had been staying with my mom while my dad recovered from knee surgery.  It was a successful procedure and he is now home.  They are so cute and missed each other so much.  It was nice to stay with mom and brought us closer in a new way.  She is not her old self.  She has early dementia and it is very heart breaking to watch. But when we are together, the time is wonderful and appreciated. She really can't be left alone though and we are now in talks of the future.  Never thought I would say it, but we all really need to live together.  It's just not possible for dad to take care of mom on his own.  And mom has become the "get rid of it" lady.  She was a major hoarder (guess that's where I get it from) and now she is sorting things and getting it out.  I can't believe how busy she kept me.  I went from  mom's to school for the girls, home for a bit, then back to mom's.  After dad got home, I became his personal driver and took him to physical therapy and then helped out until it was time to get the girls.  Today was the last day for me because he is back to driving on his own. Oddly, I'm kinda sad about it.  Sorry, I'm rambling! 

Life is good and I will be back to sharing soon. Hope you are all doing well and thanks so much for stopping by!

XOXO
Rhonda...



1 comment:

Rhonda said...

I knew you must be busy with your life. I was seriously thinking about you this morning....we always do this, don't we?

I will send you an email, mon amie.
xo R