September 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Jan!


My dear friend, Jan, at The Polka Dot Barn is celebrating her Birthday today! Can you believe we all have the day off to join her in the festivities!

This is Jan when she was a girl. What an adorable blessing. Little did we know what a fireball she would become, a strong, amazing woman and mother, friend and artist.


Jan has become a really good friend to me. She is so thoughtful and has been a big help to me when I really needed my friends and their support. She does lots of things to brighten my days and I could never thank her enough.


Jan also lives on an amazing ranch that I would love to visit one of these days. How could any woman not love a ranch with these beautiful lovely pink spots to be welcomed and enjoy a book or a nice cold drink. And I'm not talking regular ole ice tea ladies! LOL!

And she's even surrounded by men, her amazing husband and her sons. So, I guess we know who the Queen of the castle is, don't we!

If you haven't met Jan yet, you really should pay her a visit. You will be really glad that you did. Her posts always crack me up and she has an amazing way of telling a story!

Happy Birthday Jan! I hope this is your best year ever, full of great love and many blessings. Thank you for being such a dear friend. Mom sends her love too! Love you!

Rhonda...

Thank you to all of the amazing people with the group "Collage Images" on flickr for contributing so many wonderful vintage pictures.

2 comments:

Jan Thomason said...

wow.
i don't know what to say.

well, i guess i could start with 'you made me cry' - thanks.
i could tell you that your post was/is one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me -thanks.
i should tell you that the girl painted on the door is not a self portrait.
my nose is longer - thanks.



but, seriously, rhonda, you touched a place deep inside of me and i will remember this post for as long as i have memory - i'd say at least a week.

i love you,
you simply must visit me at the ranch.
you are always welcome - mom, too!

thank you so very much for your kindness,
xoxo,
jan

Carolyn said...

A beautiful tribute - for a good friend you made Rhonda !

I know i`m late - but i too hope she had a great birthday too !

Has your mom got my card yet ??