June 22, 2022

Something Old & Something New Baking Journal

I have so much to share with you from this project, inspired by the Retro Baking Junk Journal Kit from Alpha Stamps this month. 


It started with a Pocket Folio with the addition of 3 Pocket Inserts with Tabs, which are all included in the kit. It all gave me lots of room to stuff goodies within. I had some items from my grandmother's collection of recipes and labels, but there are so many neat images that come with the kit that I knew it would turn out fabulous.


My plan was to use the included red and white bakers twine to sew the Pocket Inserts into the Pocket Folio. So my first task was to add the twine into punched holes before I glued the inserts together. It was as easy as...

One...

Two...

Three...

Then I was able to glue the inserts together and I used clothes pins to hold them in place so the glue could dry a bit.


I also had a plan in my mind to attach some adorable charms to the ends of the twine.


I added additional baking items like the Large Sifter, a Tall Milk Bottle, and many more kitchen charms. All can be found through links in my supply list below. 


So now, let's take a look inside.


I had several types of old food stamps to include, but also had the kit collage sheets with lots of vintage images.


I fell in love with this 12x12 Mason Jar Madness paper that has colorful vegetables on the opposite side.  I used some to make a little book of stamps. 




One of my favorite parts of the kit is the Retro Baking Recipes Paper Set. The papers are thin and easy to work with. 


For the left hand folder, I cut out the Jif jar and the lettering. I like how you can see through the thin paper just a little bit to see the red gingham paper underneath. 



Inside of the right hand folder, I included some of the "Retro Recipes" papers and left them just as they are. They look just like the authentic saved recipes from my grandmother's saved collection from food containers and ads.  


The next spread included many Tiny Baking Set and Tiny Kitchen Items die-cuts. I used colored ink pads in the same Aqua and Red from the Ric Rac Trims to make them bright and tie it all together. 
 

Strips of coordinating paper can be added to any of the pockets to add an extra spot to save more goodies. I added a small dab of glue to each end so that the center would not be attached to allow a space for more layers. 


Do you like the tiny Kitchen Mixer Button? I used acrylic red paint to make it really pop and it is just too adorable. 



These double sided ATCs came from the Mini Vintage Fruit Catalog Covers Collage Sheet. They are  gorgeous all on their own, but could easily have some embellishments added as well. 


The inside back cover of the Pocket Folio was a great spot to add another pocket. Again, I just added some cut paper (the triangular red bit) and glued it down on two sides. Perfect spot for more collage sheet images. 



The wooden mixing spoons are actually brads, (Muffin Pans & Mixing Spoons Metal Brads). I cut the brads off of the back with regular scissors (careful to dispose of the metal bits in the trash). Then I added them with a dab of liquid glue. 




The included white trim and gingham ribbon were perfect to accent the folder and tie it all together.  





Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope my journal put a smile on your face and inspired you to create! 

xoxo

Rhonda...


No comments: