August 7, 2021

Below The Sea


Today I have two projects that I would like to share with you. I think my trip to the beach inspired me a lot, as well as the many beautiful shells I found during the red tide. And naturally, Alpha Stamps inspired me as well with the July Seashore Kit. Even though it is a new month, you can still get many of these items. I'll share a supply list at the end of this post.  


My oldest became obsessed with making things from resin during the past few months, so I decided one day to give it a go. I've only done a couple of things, it is still a new learning experience for me, but I am really proud of myself for figuring this project out. 


This project was also my first go at doing packing tape transfers. I found a really good tutorial video by Sara Naumann and was amazed at just how easy the process was. I actually used the jellyfish design from the Vintage Artistry Shore 6x6 Paper Pad and the seahorse from the Aqua Mermaids & Ladies By The Sea Collage Sheet





After making my transfers, I cut the images out and placed them in a thin puddle of resin. I did this to test out what would happen with the colors of my images and to also make them a bit heavier so they would not float as much when placed in resin. 


I also placed some resin onto this Sea Scape Layered Corner, that I trimmed to fit within the resin cube. Some Iridescent Water Bubble Microbead Mix was placed onto this as well with dots of liquid glue, and allowed to dry before the resin was applied. 


After the resin was dry, I cut the images out again before the resin was rock solid. I then inserted the images into the layered resin, and held the items in place with rigged clothes pins. The images still wanted to float, but adjusting the clothespins against each other helped to really hold the images in place.


After the layer of resin was solid enough for the images to not move, I added more layers of resin and some individual microbeads. I really love the end result of both cubes and learned so much. I am ready to try even more transfers and resin dioramas. 



Next is an Altoid Tin I made using the same papers and collage sheet from the July Seashore Kit


The images of these mermaids makes me feel so calm. Using many chipboard designs really brought the whole project together. I used ink stamps to color each piece and make them all look like one set. 





I especially love the heart design and trailing scrolls behind this mermaid that reminds me of Lucille Ball.  


So many treasures below the sea.




Remember, if there is a skill you want to try out, just go for it. It might be easier then you think and over time, you will become a pro! 

xoxo,

Rhonda...

No comments: