February 8, 2020

Vintage Words From The Heart


Have you seen the latest LOVEly kit over at Alpha Stamps? Sorry, I couldn't resist! This months My Retro Valentine Kit is stuffed with so many goodies. I used several of them to create a 4 inch accordion book with a Victorian feel and many simple details. 



I knew I wanted to make a pop up card, but it had to include my accordion book. So I flipped through a batch of vintage cards that I have collected over the years and found one that got the wheels turning. You can see it below, along with a few pics of how I created my own.


Inside are two pockets of sorts, but really I just cut a slit in the paper with an blade and added some red Thin Looped Dresden Border.  I inserted two Tiny Square Cream Envelopes that hold hearts with vintage words from the heart.





 

Each Folding Heart Card contains a matching, perfectly fitted heart that was made using the Large Heart Punch and some more of the background My Valentine Polka Dot 12x12 Paper Set.


I have always loved this quote, "There are days when one can fix one's gaze upon the sun itself without being blinded: thus it is with me now. I see you, I am dazzled, entranced, and I grasp your beauty in all its splendor". Juliette Drouet's Love-Letters to Victor Hugo

The passion that once was transferred to paper with a stroke of the hand, so deep and meaningful. It takes my breath away.


To close the accordion book, all I did was use a hole punch and an Antique Gold Dresden Starburst Rosette on the very front of the accordion. Using a piece of vintage lace, I wrapped the book and tied it closed.





The back of a project needs to be gorgeous, just like the front. I used more paper from the My Valentine 6x8 Paper Pad and more punched suede paper and hearts from the Valentine Hearts Collage Sheet.


So, back to that pop up heart I created.


I used this vintage card as a template of sorts. All I needed to do was make the area with the bear (above) into a heart.


I used this larger Victorian style heart to trace out an area, just a tad larger then the heart itself, traced a straight line to the end of the paper and then trimmed the top area off. 




It seemed like it would be a bit complicated, but it wasn't. I used a straight edge to score the lower part of the heart. Then folded the heart forward, folding it into the center crease of the paper.


I'm so pleased with myself for figuring out how to make this pop up work. Sometimes I over think things, which is not good for a creative person, lol.




I hope this finds you heart feeling wonderful! Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Rhonda....

No comments: