December 21, 2019

Memories of Christmas Past

Over the years, I have created so many amazing items with the products I receive from Alpha Stamps. I can't put into words how thankful I am for the creative fire that burns from within and the joy the end results bring to me. I have been with the Alpha Stamps Design Team for so many years, and this Christmas it has occurred to me just how many fond memories have been made, as I unpack and unwrap our Christmas Decorations.


Each year of design team work comes with many memories. I remember the things that were going on in my life while creating, and with each ornament that I hang on our tree, or neat item that I place on the mantle, it brings more memories from the many holidays of the past and how much my girls have grown and the young women they are becoming. 



As I think about this blog post, I think about many of you that receive these creative, unique, and beautiful kits from Alpha Stamps, like this months Vintage Victorian Ornaments Kit. I imagine you have a similar experience in that you have a joy for creating, and that as you come upon something you made in the past, you are blessed with the happy memories that came along with it. 


I love how each kit comes with really inspiring items, and even though there is a certain item planned for the end "product", I am still given the opportunity to create from the heart, come up with my own ideas, and have something that is still uniquely me. 


Take these precious wooden mittens. I instantly thought about fluffy trim and had some Tiny Mixed Size Flat Back Pearls to help. I used images from the Winter Birds Collage Sheet and some simple red seam binding, (a huge favorite for me), which added that little bit of detail that made the mittens really grand. 


The above ornament shows just how easy it can be to create something gorgeous. The bird image came from the Vintage Saga 6x6 Papers, included in the kit. This 1 inch natural cotton lace,  which looks like a yummy vintage find,  cream seam binding, and some vintage gold glass glitter were an easy add and the way the Christmas tree lights shine through is a bit magical in all honesty. The 20mm Silky Green Tassel was the perfect final embellishment. 


Another easy make, yet stunning wood ornament. These angel images are just too perfect for the holidays. I used a slice of the included papers, made an accordion fold, added gold glass glitter, and attached with glue. And I always have many clothes pins close by to help hold things in place while the glue dries. 




Ok, I was having too much fun to stop. So I made one last ornament using only the included papers and some red glass glitter. I so love the deep, red color! 


A huge thank you to Leslie, the owner of Alpha Stamps, and all of the people behind the scenes that work so hard and help to feed our creative spirits! 



I hope the last few days of this decade bring you much love, joy and peace. May 2020 bring you even more! Thank you so much for stopping by and I will "see" you next year!

xoxo
Rhonda...

No comments: