July 1, 2020

Godzilla, Bewitched And A Western

I remember back in the third grade, rushing home from school to watch Felix the Cat and Bewitched every afternoon. I had my own little black and white television with four channels and I had to actually turn the dial on the TV to change the channel. And I still, to this day, have my Godzilla magazines and my heart always went out to him. Naturally, this latest kit from Alpha Stamps, Retro TV Kit, has brought back many, many memories. 


This adorable Medium Size Retro TV is so easy to put together! I painted this one with red paint, and then chose a simple patterned paper to give it a little snazzing up.



I wanted the red of the paper I chose (Banner Year 6x6 Pad) to be a little bit brighter, so I used the same red paint and using a diaper wipe as my "brush" just rubbed a little bit of paint directly to the paper. 






I used the same painting method with this pink designed paper from the Spring Bloom Scrapbook Paper Set, using the pink paint of the television to darken the paper a bit more. 



I did an on line search for the "Bewitched" screen, and simply drew out the letters with a white pencil, then traced over that with a white gel pen. The background paper from the Banner Year 6x6 Pad was perfect, with a moon image already in place and I accented the stars with the gel pen so they would pop out even more.



Alpha Stamps carries a huge and excellent selection of miniature items.  Godzilla (actually a T-Rex), Popcorn, Beer, Cactus, Hat, Cat and so many more. 


This potted cactus and cowboy hat are actually beads. 



I love this mini TVs and plan on making a few more of some of my other childhood favorites. What shows would you recreate?

xoxo
Rhonda...

No comments: