May 23, 2020

A Secret English Garden


Welcome to my "Secret English Garden". Before I even knew where I was going to go with this project, I fell in love with these gorgeous papers from the English Garden 6x6 Paper Pad. The soft colors just swept me away and I knew I needed to create something with them.


I was happy to have some wonderful vintage pieces to use in this project including a deep pink floral pin, and an off white floral pin. 


It's hard to believe that the flowers came from two separate pins, because they are so similar. 


I used wire cutters to cut each individual flower off and placed it within the ferns as if they were huge blooms on a fresh stem.


Do you notice all of the pretty ferns growing happily in the Secret Garden? I have always loved ferns so this Rock Fern Punch is perfect for me.



When I was sharpening my Rock Fern Punch using aluminum foil, I noticed how pretty the shiny pieces looked, so of course I wasn't going to just throw them away. Sure enough, they came in handy for my mini water fountain. It's like shimmering water sparkling in the sun.




I made different sizes of ferns with the same punch. All I did was trim from one fern to add to another. I made some that were two sections and others that were three.




Having the different fern lengths helped me to add more height to my backgrounds, and who doesn't love being surrounded by ferns and nature?



A vintage button and flower were the perfect finishing touches. 


I also snuck in a small mushroom, also made from a paper punch.


I wonder what that women is smiling about and what the story is with these two? Hopefully they lived happily ever after.




xoxo
Rhonda...

No comments: