September 20, 2017

Positively Do Not Open



There are physical items in this world, that aren't just matter, but hold the energy of long ago. You can find them in antique shops or advertised on eBay, but BEWARE! Even the nonbelievers will become believers, if they can get past the horror. Such is the case with this display at Rhonda's Haunted Artifacts. You couldn't even pay me to go near it, let alone let the spirits out. 


This display, Medium Frame Shadowbox is haunted by tiny poltergeists that once inhabited the dolls around them, but are now tiny beings causing mischief and destruction. 


If children shouldn't play with candles, I sure don't think poltergeists should be. 


I have no idea what was in that disgusting looking test tube, but it can't be good that that little creeper ate it. 



They spilled that bowl of Halloween candy all over the place!



Oh goodness! Do I actually see two REAL Charlottes that have been used? Amazing! 




As crazy and detailed as this shadowbox looks, it was actually really easy to create. After getting a rough idea of where I wanted to put everything, I used a simple drop of glue here and there to set everything into place. For the drawers, a dab on the bottom to hold into place, and a drop to hold each item in place. No poltergeist will be moving anything in reality. 




The truly terrifying thing is that the lights, Mini String of Fairy Lights,  within the box have no power, and every night at 10:55, the lights turn on and at times you can hear faint giggles. I try to ignore them but sometimes I just have to get the hell out of there. 


And on some mornings, when I return, I notice there is something in a different spot or a new thing that has been damaged, like the antique book torn apart in the floor, or the poor pumpkin that has been stabbed with a screw driver. Set of Miniature Books


To add the Mini String of Fairy Lights to my shadowbox, I punched a hole carefully into the back of the box and strung the lights through. Next, I positioned them behind the "dresser" and attached them to the wall with some tape. I used some decorative washi tape to attached the switch to the back of the box and make it secure. 




I would hate to experience what would happen if that tiny case somehow opened. 


But on a serious note, most of you know how much I love doll heads. It's very odd, because I hated all of my mother's beautiful dolls growing up. They scared the crap out of me. And now I have a studio full of heads, some worn down with no eyes, some with tiny teeth and tongues, and I hoard them, even though I want to use them in my art. And I do at times, but I'm so attached to them all.


See anyone you recognize?




And yes, three of the dolls on that long shelf above, were purchased on eBay, and advertised as haunted. What was I thinking? After a few nights of my TV turning on and off by itself in the middle of the night, I said a little prayer and sent those spirits into the light!



New to Alpha Stamps, a collage sheet that you too can own with several of my doll heads in different sizes. It's AWESOME and makes me giddy. Now, I can put my lovely doll heads on EVERYTHING and so can YOU! 



What creepy things will you make? Just remember, all of those "creepy" dolls were once owned by children that loved them. Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Rhonda...

3 comments:

barbara walters said...

I luv the cabinet with the dolls. Can I copy yours? its grreat!

sheilaAR said...

Fabulous creepy project! I, too, have a love for dolls. Great work, and I love that it lights up!! Perfect.

Kitty said...

Ok clowns and dolls = terrifying
THANKS for giving me the creeps!!! ;)