February 24, 2016

The Fairy House


Do you believe in fairies? I would love to think some amazing little fairies are in my woods, living, playing and taking care of nature. I created a little home for them with this cool House Oddities Box from Alpha Stamps. It's filled with seven precious house silhouettes that you can decorate as you please. 


This little house is designed to blend in with nature, so it can't be discovered by bad intruders.


Did I go into the woods to collect moss? Gosh no! I used Sheet Moss, which comes in a large bag with enough moss to make a fairy world. It's super easy to work with too.


Inside is a beautiful ball room where the fairies like to dance. The many windows bring in light from the sun and the stars. Oddities Box Doors and Windows Collage Sheet


I loved using the papers from the Provincial Collection. The colors and designs are so pleasing to the eye and there's even this stone patterned paper which I have used on many projects.


Inside are magical spots that the fairies love to visit. 



I always like to decorate both sides of anything I am creating. One side has a plum (Dusty Concord) focus and the other is one of my favorites, pink and green (Peeled Paint). How could these not make a fairy smile?


Adorable little squirrels watch over the fairy home, ready to alert them if danger comes.
Set of Miniature Squirrels




Tiny Wooden Peg Dolls were used to create some "legs" for my fairy house. That way it can be put onto a fairy truck and moved to a different part of the forest.



I found snails, butterflies and more on Land of the Butterfly Queen #1 Collage Sheet and Land of the Butterfly Queen #2 Collage Sheet


Glossy Accents was used on all of the windows to give them the appearance of glass. 


I covered a Miniature Chipboard Hot Air Balloon with some Leafy Green Underbrush and Flower Soft - Sweet Pea so that it too would blend in with nature and stay protected while on a little journey.


So, if you believe in fairies, be sure to provide some things to help their lives be easier. That way they will bring you fairy luck and who doesn't want that! 



Supplies Used:

2 comments:

Connie said...

This is adorable and you are having way too much fun:)
You're such a talented lady.
Thanks for sharing,
Connie :)

Anonymous said...

Rhonda I love your faery houses! Absolutely sweet! So many good ideas for inspiration too. The peg doll legs are great! Wonderful work and than you so much for sharing your talent with us all.