February 11, 2015

Cute As A Button

This months Alpha Stamps theme, Cute As A Button, really inspired me. I love the colors that I chose for this project and the new sewing and cat images were purrrrrfect to create this wonderful box of treasures for my mom. She has Dementia and it is really difficult at times. But if I can give her a gift to look at during her day that adds a smile to her face and makes her feel loved, then it is a successful day.


Using Distressed Paints in Peeled Paint, I was able to quickly add some color to my Configuration Box. I thought this color went well with the Grey Blue seam binding I was using. I simply ran a thread through the center of the binding and pulled it to make this ruffled trim for my box and added some of these adorable Doll Buttons with a dab of glue to pull it all together.


It was easy to collect images for each little compartment and I had to really pick and choose because I had so many that I liked. Tiny scissors and other treasures just added character to what was already a great display.




The bird house above and the three painted kitties are actually buttons. I knew I had to have those cats ASAP! There are also new owl, heart, butterflies, other cat buttons and more that are now available and as you can see, they don't have to be used just for sewing!



You will notice below that I actually used the lid of my configuration box on the back to create a frame. This way there are actually two scenes to look at when it's displayed. I think this image from the collage sheet Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice is one of my very favorites from this months kit. It reminds me of my mother's doll collection and the colors are soothing to me. Alpha Stamps carries a few different sizes and configurations of these boxes so be sure to check them out!


Creating art is my therapy. It is that thing that is for me, and we should all be blessed with that. Passing it along to someone and making their day better is priceless. I hope you can add some creativity to your day and also brighten the day of those around you. Thanks for stopping by! xoxo










No comments: