January 7, 2015

Love Her, Love Her Not


A new year means a new fortune. So, I created a set of my very own Fortune Telling Cards using supplies from Alpha Stamps first kit of 2015 "Star Crossed Lovers".


It was actually a very easy project. Having Blank Playing Cards to cover as I please made it more personal and the rich colors screamed my name from both the Yesterday Papillion Scrapbook Paper and the Yesterday Beautiful Past Collection.


For my deck design, I used the collage sheet called Red Roses and Yesterday Beautiful Past Scrapbook Paper. After aging my edges with brown ink, I added some beautiful Flower and Leaves Dresden Borders in Antique Gold.



For the "face" of my card, I used beautiful images from collage sheets included in the kit like Vaguely Valentine and Juliet. I also rubbed some gold ink along my edges to make them look like a real deck of old cards and added some Gold Zig Zag Dresden Borders.



How will the man make the woman's heart feel today? Will he be passionate, absent, loving, needy, missing, or short?  Leave her wondering what the heck is going on or make her feel high on a cloud? Well, my cards can't tell her that but they sure do look beautiful. 


It was simple to make my elaborate card holder. I simply cut a square in the top of a painted box, but did so at an angle to give it more character. Add some pretty trims, Dresden, jewels and paper flowers and it makes it that much more ornate. I used Garnet Metal Patinas to make my Gardenias match in color and attached each  with some simple glue. 


I used several layers of old paper and cardboard to add some height to the inside of my box. That way my fortune telling cards were more visible and accessible.



Adding color to my cardboard scraps helped it to blend in more so as not to be as noticeable.




So what does your future hold for 2015? I hope it is many wonderful moments with lots of creativity! My goal is to post more on my blog and share more of all that I create! Stay warm and thanks for stopping by!



Detailed supply list can be found here: Love Her, Love Her Not Supply List

Supply List:
Red Roses CS
Vaguely Valentine CS
Juliet CS
Queen of Hearts #3 CS
Spanish Crowns CS
Vintage French Ads CS
Star-Crossed 12x12 Pad
Star-Crossed 6x6 Pad
Yesterday 12x12 Pad
Yesterday 6x6 Pad
Teal Heart Charms
Blank Playing Cards
Red Dresden Hearts
Thin Fleur Dresden Borders - Turquoise
Gold Zig Zag Dresden Borders
Flower and Leaves Dresden Borders - Antique Gold
Narrow Gold Fleur Dresden Borders
Gardenias - Cream-Pink-Brown
Foundations (Box Feet)
Metal Patinas - Painted Barn
Black Sweeper Fringe

1 comment:

Jan Thomason said...

You have been a very busy woman!! That beautiful project had to have taken forever to finish! It's absolutely lovely and I'm glad to see someone is in their studio! My leg is still elevated most of the day. I go for a cast change and X-rays tomorrow. Other than that it's quite at the ranch!

I miss you!! jt