June 5, 2011

Greetings!

Well, due to life's circumstances, I haven't been the best blogger.  Just too many challenges going on and I still need prayers sent my way, that the truth will be known.  But summer is officially upon us and I am thrilled to just chill out with my girls and have no concerns about homework, alarm clocks or approving clothes.  We can just relax some each day and I can do some of the things I love like creating art and finding good deals.

Below are some pages I recently did for a teacup book with my Marie group.  The amazing Terri G. is hosting and everyone's pages are just beautiful.  I can't wait to get my returns and make them into a book.  I am going to make a front and back cover and maybe a couple of more pages for it as well.  I'll be sure to share pics when I am done. Thank you Terri for hosting another fun event!





Last night I had some quality "girl time" with my own little princesses.  I painted their finger nails and did our toes as well.  Usually, I am against red.  But I used a new nail "stamper" to add stars to their fingers, but was done with that procedure by the time I did our toes.  I just had to take a pic of us with our matching nails though.


I also passed by a couple of garage sales yesterday, and so glad I did!  I saw this old chandelier at one.  The owner said it was in their house when they moved into it years ago and it's just been sitting in a box collecting MOUNDS of dust.  I got it for, are you ready for this.... 5 bucks baby!  Woohoo!  It's perfect for my bedroom and my amazing electrical engineering husband is going to put it up for me and make it light up.  After reattaching the crystals, I wore wet socks on both hands and wiped it clean.  I will need to do it about 50 more times though, lol.  It already looks beautiful!


And then I saw this wardrobe at another garage sale that I just happened to pass.  I thought they would want a fortune for it, but it was marked $20 or offer.  I drove away, but then went back because I knew I would kick myself.  The owner had purchased it at an antique store years ago.  And guess what I got it for?  That's right, ten dollars baby!  Can you say "WOOHOO"!  I am going to clean it up and put some beautiful knobs on the drawers and use it, somewhere.  I haven't decide yet, but for $10 I will find a spot.




I hope that you are all doing fabulously and staying cool during the beginning of summer, or warm for the beginning of winter if you are on that side of the planet, lol.  I miss my blogging world and will hopefully be back very soon.  I have so much to share.  It has just taken a backseat for the moment, but will become a part of my weekly life again one day.  God bless and take care!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Girl, you have a knack for sales...so jealous.... that chandelier, swoon....
And the picture of you and your girl, and the precious toes...just plain old fun...and sweet....enjoy those times.
Now, the next time you head out for a sale, call me!!!!!! lol xo

Rhonda said...

I don't know where to start...LOL
Love all your finds and woo hoo those are fabulous prices! They were meant to be yours, right place at the right time.

And you look amazing! You look like summer - I was having a red toe moment yesterday, too.

Hold your girls close and you know I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

xo Rhonda

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hi Rhonda,

What fabulous deals you found! I used to have a wardrobe exactly like the one you found. It looked great painted creamy white....and 5 bucks for that chandelier!

I'm sending healing energy and prayers your way.

Pink Sparkles for your days,
Stephanie ♥

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Rhonda, I love your tea cup pages, these are going to be wonderful books. I love what you did with your girls, that sounds like so much fun. And girl those great bargains, wow you did great. I never find things like that. I am so glad school is out, it makes life so much easier, I remember those days. Have a wonderful week my friend and remember you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Terri