April 17, 2008

Please Say A Prayer That My Sweet Dog Will Find Her Way Home

12:09 PM Update

Vet said her pelvis has several fractured spots and her bladder is VERY full. She was hit by a car and has a great deal of "road burns". Hoping that a fracture isn't pinching her nerve. Dr. has placed her on morpheme (spell?) for pain and to hopefully allow her to empty her bladder, if not, that would be bad news. All we can do is pray and hope for the best.

I am so thankful to God to at least "know". Everything else is the icing on the cake. I am blown away that she made it home. She is shy, big chicken and even vet is impressed that she got back. I am very hopeful because she has made it this far. She is just such a sweetie! Going to go sit with her for a bit this afternoon and tomorrow. Will just have to watch her over the weekend.

Thank you so much to those who have contacted me and have left comments. It is so nice to have your support and prayers. I love you guys!


4/18/08 4:00 AM Update

My husband found her at our backdoor this morn. I have never gotten down our stairs so fast in my life. She has some injury to her back leg, but can still barely walk and is eating and drinking like crazy. I know this is a good sign. We are taking her to the vet first thing and will hopefully get good news that she can recover and be happy.

I am just so relieved and thankful to God for bringing her home to us. I hated the "not knowing" and the questions that go through my head, "Is she dead, being mistreated, lost, stolen, etc. etc." Oh the power of prayer! Thank you so much Lord!

I will keep you posted.....


We have had Sandee for several years now. She is the sweetest dog ever and is very close to our girls, our four cats, one bunny, and our other dog.


I am a huge pet person, love them like they are my extra little babies.


Sandee rides with me in the car and sleeps on my bed every night. She always stays close to my side.



She got out last night and never came home. This has NEVER happened. I spent my entire day looking for her. Have contacted animal control, different shelters, walked on foot and checked every road around us with no luck. We put about a million posters up and my heart is just breaking. I don't want to leave my house and drive by those posters. Just too depressing. I don't want to go up to my bed and go to sleep tonight without her trying to hog the covers and lay by my side.

So, I am sure many of you animal lovers out there understand. True, I feel a bit silly putting this on my blog, but I have done everything I can and now all I can do is pray. I believe in the power of prayer...

So, my blogging friends, please say a prayer that my baby will come home, that we will at least "know". Thanks so much! I promise if she comes home I will post the biggest picture of my silly self giving her a big ole hug!

R...

4 comments:

Suse said...

I'm so happy that your little dog came home safely - hope all's well with her ~ she looks a lovely girl! Animals always touch my heart and I constantly worry to keep my own fur babies safe! I really enjoy keeping up with your blog too! :)

Carolyn said...

Hi R...


I`m so pleased for you that sandee
did come home to you all !
What a great relief !
I hope she is well after her visit to the vets , let me know!

i`m thinking of you

Hugs

xx

Kathy said...

Oh Rhonda,
Of course beeing the goof I am, I read from the bottom up, too busy looking at the pictures. I had a lump in my throat and was nearly in tears, then so happy when I got to the top. I only wish I would have seen it sooner so I could say a prayer too. I love my dogs as kids, so believe me...I know what pain your were feeling. please don't ever think it is silly to post something like this. God bless that sweet girl, and I am praying that you will get a good report from the vet. How terrible for you all to go through.
Please do let us know the outcome.
~xx~
Kathy

Kathy said...

Oh Rhonda, I will say a prayer for this little girl. I hope she will be ok, she must have some spunk, or she would have never came home. Let us know when you can, and give her a little scratch for me.
~xx~
Kathy