The bird was the last one that I did. I didn't think I would ever be able to make a decent bird, and this one just somehow came all together for me. A vintage piece of jewelry was my inspiration.
Choosing the right paper was a huge consumer of my time but it finally came all together. I ended up adding lace to the bottom of the dress, and then I decided that I really wanted it to show some fullness. At first, I layered paper, but then I decided to "poof" the top layer out. I love this embossed paper and it just turned out perfect in my eyes.
Each item also contains a tiny pearl. Gives it that little bit of bling that I like to have.
The back of the butterfly has the embossed paper, as well as the bird. For the butterfly I just layered on different punched shapes made from the papers that I used.
The gloves were a big challenge. I didn't think I would be able to make attractive gloves, but I love the end product. I then used a pretty cord to attach the gloves together and the back is lined with floral paper.
If I had these in my size, I would so wear them. I love the way my little bloomers came out. I didn't think I would be able to make them look too good, but then I just added many, many layers of paper and lace. And of course, I had to put a little pearl on these as well.
Again, I thank Sarah for challenging the artist in me. This is one of my favorite projects I have done so far and I really hope to have her challenge me again down my creative road.
Have a great creative day!