March 1, 2008

Are You Dreaming of Spring? Swap Time!

I am so excited! I just got in on Vintage Indies "Dream of Spring Vintage Swap" at http://vintageindie.typepad.com/vintage_indie/2008/02/vintage-indies.html?cid=105342988#comments. Gabreial has come up with a fabulous idea. "Each swap package must include two vintage/thrifted items (this is Vintage Indie after all) OR one vintage/thrifted item and one handmade item and the rest is up to you." I think this is a swappers dream come true!

You also have five questions to answer, so here I go.....

a. What's your favorite part of spring?
When I can open my windows and let the fresh breeze and smells come into my home.
b. What are your favorite flowers?
The perfect spring one.... Hydrangeas. I also love Gerber Daisies.
c. What types of hobbies/crafts do you enjoy?
Any type of collage or altered art, rubber stamping, designing anything with the Eiffel Tower or birds, nests & eggs on it, scrap booking, anything at all that involves any type of paper/vintage ephemera, and so much more!
d. What types of vintage do you collect or look for?
That's kind of a hard one because there are so many... any type of old paper (music, ledger, books) old buttons, skeleton keys, old photos & postcards, cool wood containers, sewing notions, watch parts, tickets, tiny playing cards & old games, neat glass bottles, birds, anything French, milk glass, black cats, seam binding, ephemera, unique quirky items, and the list goes on and on....


e. Any allergies or things that you absolutely can't stand?

Certain smells do trigger migraines for me, definitely strong perfume of any kind (I don't really wear it anymore) strong floral and woodsy scents. Anything strong or overpowering I would probably stay away from but most scents I really like.

I can't wait to find out who my swap buddy is! Thank you so much for hosting this event Gabreial!

Today is the last day to sign up so hurry on over!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Hi Rhonda!
It sounds like fun! Enjoy your secret swap!
I have been 'playing' with all the goodies that you gave me! thank you so much.. they are very inspiring!
Hope your weekend was wonderful!
Hugs,
Abbie

Kathy said...

You know, I need to spend some time at Indie, flickr, and zne. Where does the time go?