January 18, 2008

My Banner For Erika

Here is the banner that I made for Erika. If you haven't already read my blog about her, please do so below.

I am really excited about getting this to her and plan on putting it in the mail tomorrow. I really hope that she likes it, and I have a feeling that she will.



I used paper in shades of pink and purple, different ribbons, images of fairies (her favorites), flowers and stars.



I also used some vintage sheet music, glittery letters and some dabs of liquid glitter here and there.




I have had this wonderful ribbon with little flowers and greenery for a couple of years now, never using it, waiting for just the right item. I know now why God had me hold onto it for all of this time. It works perfectly and my oldest picked it as well.



On the back, I put a simple sheet of toile paper to cover up any ribbon edges and it also makes the back pretty.


My oldest daughter helped me to pick several of the pieces for this banner. I told her all about Erika, and we are keeping her in our prayers.
Having this blog has been so wonderful for me. I have met great friends, I have learned a lot, and have been able to create items for others. I have always loved to create altered items. But they were just things that I had, and occasionally someone else, usually family or close friends. Now, I can create things for my new friends, make more from swaps, and learn about others who just need a smile on their face during a tough time. There can be no better satisfaction then that. If I can make someone smile today, then I have done a very good thing.
Please keep Erika and her family in your prayers and may God bless you and your loved ones!


6 comments:

Sherry said...

Rhonda, you did a fantastic job with this banner...Erika is going to love it...absolutely!!!!

Kathy said...

Oh Rhonda,
This is amazing work, you can see the love that you put into this banner. Your so very sweet, and I know Erika will love it.

Anonymous said...

The banner is beautiful! Erika will love it.

Carolyn said...

WOW Rhonda !!
Is that simply gorgeous , or what !!
you`ve done Erika proud ! And i know that she will love it !!
You go girl !!

xx

Abbie said...

Oh Rhonda!! It is gorgeous! I'm sure you'll make her smile huge!! You did a lovely job and should feel fantastic! Bravo!!
♥♥
Abbie

CatieAn said...

oh rhonda i love the banner
how special for Erika
catie