February 19, 2022

Hidden Memories

I am absolutely obsessed with old books. I come by it honestly, my mother and grandmother being the book goddesses that they were. I have all of my mom's old book cases, spilling with their books that are each a treasure to me. So, how could I not say "wow" to this months Written Memories Kit from Alpha Stamps?


Each of these books is actually a matchbox holder that holds an accordion book. And one box is full of letters and music from the past. 



In this months kit you will find the above Matchbook Covers Collage Sheet, which makes these magical matchbook boxes look beautiful on their own. I used some included embellishments as well to add even more character and I've included several photos for you to see.



Above you can see more items from the kit, but one of my favorites are these Miniature Cornelian Cameos




The Written Memories 6x6 Paper Pad has designs that can be used for feminine and masculine projects. 






The below accordion book was made by using the framed images from one side of this sheet that is included in this months kit. 


Then, I chose which photos I wanted to use from the collage sheet Miniature Cabinet Card Photos



Next, I used the images from the other side of this page to create both sides of another accordion book. 






Do not over think this simple project. Sometimes that is easy for me to do, so for others like me, here's a little advanced construction note. The first step is to lightly glue the matchbox onto the center "spine". Don't use too much glue, or it will wrinkle your paper image. 


From the center, work through the below numbered chart, really rubbing down each section to stick evenly and smoothly. Numbers 1 and 2 are the tiny edge pieces connected to the "spine". So they are next in the gluing path. Then continue with edges 3 to 10. 



Here are those letters and music pages that I mentioned before. Many were folded  to make a crease. I also used a small brown ink pad on the edges and creases. Check out my supply list below for quick links to the collage sheets I used.






I can't decide which of the two below books are my favorite. 






This was actually a really simple and fun project but I think the end results look like a lot more work was done. Now, I will add these beauties to my miniature antique store so I can always admire them. I hope this post finds you happy, healthy and well. Thanks for visiting!

xoxo

Rhonda...



No comments: