December 1, 2018

A Nostalgic Christmas Display


There is something about vintage images that make my Holiday so much more nostalgic. Those innocent children's faces with cute little hats and dresses, Saint Nick going about his holidays, just makes me feel all warm inside.


These simple shadow boxes and lids were so easy to put together for a nice tabletop display. With each box, I wanted to keep things simple, but it doesn't look that way with the many, many layers that I used. I simply gathered my favorite images and let the creativity flow.


What speaks the holidays like a cute little puppy or other beloved pet? Imagine just gifting this simple shadow box with a note on the back to look in another room to find your new four legged friend. When my girls were little, I would have them go on a treasure hunt for their big birthday gift. This would have worked perfect.


A little dot of Diamond Glaze on the eyes and nose and this little guy looks even sweeter. 



These Larger Miniature Candy Canes are so easy to work with. I actually trimmed out a little niche on the back of the top candy cane so that the bottom one could fit inside. And since the canes are long, I just sliced off a few little bits to make some peppermints to spread about. 




I'm sure you have noticed the wonderful papers that I used on each shadow box. They came from the newest Nostalgia line from Authentique. 


Creating each shadowbox was easy, I simply trimmed the papers to fit the inside, and wrapped the entire box like a present on the outside. You can also get these designs in a 12x12 size. 




Below is the perfect example of that sweet, childhood face. He came from the collage sheet called Victorian Umbrella Kids and you can find even more vintage Christmas images by clicking here.



So, do you think this post gave you a little Christmas Spirit? It sure did for me! To see other Alpha Stamps items that I used, follow the link below. And let me be the first to say Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and Happy Holidays to all! Thanks for stopping by!

xo
Rhonda...

No comments: