November 21, 2018

Snow Day


I found this book called "Snow Day" at an antique shop and just had to have it for my shelf. But it isn't really a book. There is a hidden surprise and story within.


It is a story about a little girl who loves to feed the birds and get lost in nature after a good snow. She can talk to the animals and they come from all around to say hello.


When I saw this gorgeous Winter Botanic paper, I was immediately drawn to the snowy scene with curious deer. I knew it was where my project would begin.



I used two sheets of this 12x12 page, cutting the deer out of the second to add with foam tape, so they seem to be coming out of the page. I also used some faux snow with a Dimensional Snow Writer and some Dimensional Snow, which is great for getting into tight places. 


I carefully cut out the top of the background trees and added some "snow" to them as well to add dimension. 




There was a good amount of space to work with, within the book, so I created layers with the same scrapbook paper, faux snow, and this perfect little girl from the Jack Frost Collage Sheet



Another thing that really inspired me was this gorgeous Winter Branch with Snow. I was able to trim it and make it the perfect height for a little feather friend, visiting his girl, and some yummy pine cone treats. 








I hope you enjoyed my "Snow Day". I'm hoping to have several this winter, as long as I still can use the roads and have plenty of eggs, bread, and milk. Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Rhonda...

Alpha Stamps Supplies Used:

Dimensional Snow Writer 

Winter Branch with Snow*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rhonda, love your Snowy Day book, just beautiful. I feel like I could get lost in the scene.