March 21, 2018

Classic Easter


This month over at Alpha Stamps, you can find some gorgeous Spring items with a classic, vintage look. That always makes for an excellent project, in my opinion. This months kit, titled Easter Egg ShadowBox Kit is full of classic colored papers, wonderful collage sheets, and these wonderful cutout Easter Covers. The same cutout images from the covers can be purchased as a Mini Shadowbox Lid as well.


I created four shadowboxes using some additional items that can be purchased separately, like other sizes of shadow boxes and  lots of vintage millinery flowers and jeweled pieces. 



FRONT 1

The bunny on this box made me think CHOCOLATE and getting a delicious bunny every year. So I decided to make the outside of the box look like chocolate using paint and brown embossing powder. 


The shadowbox actually has a cut out lid, and inside you will find classic bunny images (from Alpha Stamps Collage Sheets, of course) some vintage treasures, and this adorable Miniature Wicker Basket full of delicate bird eggs (which are included in this months kit). 

BACK 1

Those of you who know me, know I must have the back of my project completed as well. You never know what angle it will be viewed from!

FRONT 2

While working on my shadowboxes, I noticed the lush Sheet Moss I had on my table next to the many Easter Covers that came in my kit. I just wanted to fill one of those little shapes with moss, so that is what I did. It was simple and I just added some trimmed bits in the tinier corners.



BACK 2

This shadow box is special, because I created it as a door with hinges that opens to reveal a Spring scene. 


INSIDE 2

INSIDE 2



This is my little gnome friend, sitting inside of a vintage tin. How do you like his mushroom stool?

FRONT 3

BACK 3

FRONT 4

For my final shadow box, I again wanted to fill that space, but this time with mini flowers. 



I had to give it a try a couple of times, but finally just outlined the image (bunny) and filled it in with trimmed flowers.


Then I inserted the finished and dried flowers through the opening, using a sharp point to get all the flowers through.



I wanted to flowers to really poke out and filled in some of the edges with extra petals.

BACK 4




I hope I have inspired you to create something that can become a traditional item that you can use year after year. I know I will be using these for many years to come. Thanks for stopping by!

xoxo
Rhonda...

1 comment:

The Mistress of the Manor said...

They turned out so cute!