October 5, 2024

Something Spooky



Welcome to the historic town of Spookville. I kid you not, it's a little place where the families have lived for generations. The community takes pride in their ancestors homes, and even more importantly to the forever places where their loved ones are laid to rest. The Spookville Cemetery, established in 1797. The tombs are massive and the gravestones are carefully cleaned and preserved solid. 


It all started with this sinister Tombstone Tray. A place to add all sorts of creepy, Halloween fun and creativeness. What could possibly be better? 



Using black paint and black glass glitter always brings me Halloween joy. Plus it's easy to do and looks great!


Imagine if these Chubby Bronze Cone Bead Caps could start walking on their own. I added a bit of black acrylic paint, just to blend it in with the rest of the darkness and add some character. 


You don't have to add anything to the tray. It will lay flat on any surface and still look fabulous. 


For some reason, all of the black cats not only in Spookville, but the surrounding area, come to gather and purr on this huge old tree just outside of the cemetery walls. Some say that all the cats take pride in their ancestry too and are all related. Meow, hiss!



I used a lot of designs from the above Halloween Mini Cookies - Polymer Clay Slice Mix and the  Black & Orange Halloween Polymer Clay Slice Mix. There are so many others polymer sets to choose from at Alpha Stamps. 


This poor little skeleton got all tied up with tree roots. You just never know what could be lurking in the dirt below you. 





Here is an example of the love the community shares for their cats. The top of Spookville City Hall has an ancient carved Black & Ivory Cat Cameo displayed and they have festivals twice a year to celebrate the nine lives of the cat. 



This house belonged to the original founder of Spookville. You might think those large cats are just statues, but they are real, and if you aren't a citizen, you better stay back. There are other critters as well where these came from with this set of Halloween Bottle Toppers




I was a bit nervous using these lighter weight papers, but they are surprisingly strong and easy to work with. Plus the designs are especially good for tombstones. 





If you are ever in Spookyville and you see either of these two guys, run the other way. They wander around all night drunk, singing the songs of their ancestors and keep going till the sun comes up. 



This little dude is my favorite both in his original form, (Little Darlings Collage Sheet), and his spooky form, (Halloween Darlings Collage Sheet). And how bout his little ghosty friends, too cute! 


Forever, and ever, and ever.


This neat little Mausoleum Pocket Card is special, because it can carry a secret message inside. The house arrives flat, but a couple trails of ghostly glue and it is solid. 




There is also a new Folded Haunted House Card which is my favorite because there are so many cool surfaces to create on. I used some Polymer Clay Pumpkins to give some festive character and an acrylic Raven.


What a great party! Look at all of the spooks having a fun time. I think it is time for me to join them! 




Here's to all Halloween parties being successful ones! Thanks for stopping by and checking out my recent work. Happy Halloween!

xoxo

Rhonda...


Odd that my first blog post without my dad discusses loved ones and cemeteries. I used to copy him on my emails to Alpha Stamps own Leslie, showing my recent completed, photographed, edited, written and aligned post, ready to go live for my readers. He would always tell me, "I just don't understand how you can do all of that work and be so focused". He was always proud of my work, which meant the world to me seeing how he was a Scientist. So I dedicate this post to my daddy, my best friend, my rock. I knew it would hurt when you were no longer with me, but this pain is excruciating and unimaginable. Every day gets harder as I spend it missing our daily chats and seeing you. Thank you for waiting on Abigail and I so that we could say goodbye and that we love you one last time. I know you were excited to be with mom again, but it meant so much to us to be there as you left this life. I love you daddy and will always be your little girl. Chirp! 

2 comments:

janice richardson said...

So sorry for your loss.

Rhondamum said...

Thank you Janice <3