March 16, 2024

Delectable Eggs

Long time no see! After over a year, and a difficult one at that, I am finally back, creating from my heart and enjoying the chance to share with you all again. I've always said creating art is like therapy to me. Always wonderful to get lost in a project.


This project gave me the chance to go "over the top". Each egg, ready for little treasures and lots of bling. Items I never thought would be possible to use became part of a puzzle with each piece forming a perch when attached to one another.



Although many of my delectable eggs look complicated, each was quite simple and only required patience and some good glue. 



First thing you have to do with each egg is to figure out where you want to cut a window so that you can make a beautiful scene within. 


I used a pencil to trace the opening I needed to remove onto the egg and then carefully began the cutting process.


I was a bit nervous at first about cutting myself while trying to use the blade. But I started out slowly and found it to be like a knife cutting through butter. Very smooth with little effort. 


If you aren't comfortable cutting with a blade, you can just insert the blade to create a spot to place scissors into, then the scissors easily cut through the plastic egg and the paper mache. 


Below is an egg with the cut out area still attached. It allows you to see what your blank canvas looks like. I should have made that into a type of door with hinges and a latch lock. Next time.


I added a layer of Modeling Paste inside of the egg to make a better surface for painting 


The next egg almost became scrambled. I loved putting the silver glass glitter inside of the egg. But the blue paint was stark and I didn't know what to put within the shell. 


After deciding to cover the rich blue paint in clear glass glitter, the rest fell into place. 


I'm glad this egg didn't have a "great fall", because it was fun deciding what items would fit together to make a stand for the finished egg. This egg included a Medium Wooden Finial which I used a nail file on to make the bottom a little bit flatter. 




Many of the items I used were from the Mini Cakestand Kit




Another great idea was to use the White Dresden Boarder Sampler Set which comes with a variety of strips that can be easily colored with paint or ink.




For the nature egg, I created a border with Tiny Lace Boarders. I made a small small snip cut to seperate each design on the strip. This helped to attach the boarder more easily because the boarder can be fitted around the curved edge. Then the designs can be pulled forward to protrude like a lion's mane. 




This cute egg took little effort and more then a tad of glue. And who doesn't love a cute Tiny Resin Bunny Rabbits? I bet they put a smile on your face. 





I'm so happy you visited and I hope I inspired you to create and have your moment of "therapy" while your hands and mind meet for a break. Wait till you see the detailed miniature store I've been working on. You'll find lots of bargains there. Coming soon!

xoxo
Rhonda...

No comments: