March 19, 2022

An Elegant Bookstand for Elegant Books

In my last post, Hidden Memories, I shared some matchbox books I created with the Written Memories Kit from Alpha Stamps. Well now there is a gorgeous bookstand that you can create to hold the books along with a Desktop Bookstand Collage Sheet with several options for decorating.



There are so many beautiful details, but it was no work at all to create this bookstand.




The Desktop Bookstand Collage Sheet is genius. Trim out the design you like and it fits onto the Desktop Book Stand perfectly! There is even a matching "drawer" to add to the front. Doesn't get any easier then this.




For most projects, there are two items that I always rely on. The first is a small brown ink pad. I cannot stand white edges on my images and usually do a run along the edges with a brown ink pad. If not brown, I choose a color that matches the image. But brown is great for "aging" on this project.


I also used a moist paint brush that I dabbed onto the ink pad and added to the edges of the bookstand. That way, if my trimmed paper is a little off, it will easily blend all together. 

This brings me to my second "must have" item for a project. Having a fresh, sharp blade makes trimming so much easier. I just slide that sharp edge along the edge of the chipboard for a perfect cut. Then I dab a little brown ink, or other matching color, on the edges and it's all done. 


I decided to use another copy of the same design to line the inside of the bookstand. The nice thing is that you can purchase a digital download of all of the collage sheets at Alpha Stamps and print up as many copies as you like for your personal use. 


For the inside base, I lined the bookstand with this gorgeous Tan Faux Leather Paper



I wanted to add some trim to the edges of the bookstand. Once again, my brown ink came in hadny to make the White Dresden Boarder Set into a matching color. I used the loop design and trimmed the loops off to make it one small piece of trim. 


Above, I have placed a black rectangle on the Loop Dresden. The red line is where I cut the Dresden after I had wiped it with brown ink.


The drawer looks so amazing. I used these Fluted Half-Round Drawer Pulls that fit perfectly and Raw Brass Box Feet - Rounded to add even more luxury to the bookstand. Again, a touch of brown ink onto the metal items to make them blend together more. 




Now I have to decide where to place the bookstand. It will have to be an elaborate room to contain such a piece as this. For now, I will just admire it on my shelf. Thanks for stopping by and remember to take some time for yourself and create. It's so therapeutic. Stay healthy, happy and safe. 

XOXO
Rhonda...

No comments: