November 6, 2021

Christmas Village Wonderland

I'll admit I went a little bit overboard with this Village Wonderland, but I couldn't help myself. I felt like a child again, with my Mother's vintage holiday decorations, all covered in gleaming sparkles and puffy snow that I was not to touch. 


It all started with this months Songbirds and Snowy Houses Kit over at Alpha Stamps, which includes a set of Tall Flat Houses and these new Vintage Christmas Songbirds & Sheet Music papers in a 6x6 size. 


But I had some additional Tall 3D Houses that I included as well. 



I had so many sides to play with and lots of "snow" to build with, along with some glue of course. Here are all of the houses together, but some other detailed pictures are below. 




The Roof Trims were one of my favorite items, so much so I requested more for all of my houses both flat and 3D. 


I brushed each trim with a white stamp pad, then covered the area with a Snow Writer, which is a moist white paste that looks like snow. Next, a sprinkle of Diamond Dust, Gold Glass Glitter, Winter Snow Glitter Mix, and Iridescent Mylar Flakes. Some were even decorated with Sugar & Spice Gingerbread Polymer Clay Slice Mix. Those tiny gingerbreads are so adorable!


The chimney was created with a flat, thin piece of cardboard. I made an accordion fold to make five sides, the fifth one being an overlap and spot to glue it together. Next, I traced the angle of one of the flat houses onto the chimney and cut it to fit onto the 3D roof. 


The smoke was made using Spun Glass Angel Hair. I carefully placed a chunk into the chimney and then separated out some strands to make several loops. I suggest using gloves when using the Spun Glass. If you trim it, do so over a trashcan. Don't do it over your lap, like I did. 


I had several pieces of Birch wood that my husband cut a slit through to place the Tall Flat Houses into. I was also able to use a metal file to saw a nice area as well. The houses can be easily glued into the area, but it wasn't necessary. 


These 2 Inch German Fir Trees are flat on the back, so they can be used on any flat surface. I placed mine on a "snowy hill" with a dusting of "snow". 





The tiny Cardinals are actually brads.  I used some small pliers to break the brads off with, then dabbed a touch of brown acrilic paint to one of the Cardinals to make it look like a female. 


I used Translucent Vellum to cover some of the houses (Antique Music Scores) and roofs (Antique Calligraphy). I ran the flat house and roof through an adhesive runner and placed it directly onto the vellum. I love how warm and vintage it looks. 


I used vellum underneath many of the Windows For Tall Houses as well. 




You can check out my Alpha Stamps supply list above, and once on the site you will be led to so many more beautiful holiday finds and gorgeous collage sheets! Thanks so much for stopping by!

xoxo
Rhonda... 


1 comment:

Deenie H. said...

I've said it before and will say it again, I just love your work. I can lose myself in your 'worlds'. Thank you so much for sharing and being a source of inspiration.