February 12, 2018

A Great Way To Display Your Emphemera Treasures

I have been obsessed with all things French for many, many years. I have a wonderful collection of vintage French ephemera including full ledgers, receipts, antique games, medical books, postcards, death announcements, menu cards, and much, much more.

I've noticed lots of "Junk Journal" groups and finally joined in on one and did my first "Flowish JJ Swap". I always love the challenge of a new project, and putting my partners (I had two) books together was such a fun process. I just had to make one for myself. What better way to show some of my vintage French goodies then to put together a book of my own. 


The majority of the items I used were authentic, vintage treasures. I did add the occasional item though from my collection of "looks old but is really new" as well. The round Paris metal tag is a vintage find from an old locker.


Again, this is new to me. I did end up creating, what they call signatures, which is basically a chunk of bundled papers which I tied with a ribbon or string. I created four signatures.


Vintage Key & Buttons





Vintage French Seed Packet












These vintage receipts have so many beautiful details and many have one or more stamps on them as well.






I used the envelope from a French vendor purchase as a pocket. I can't throw it away for goodness sake, it has French writing on it!






One of my three kitty companions, Eli, the loaf of all cats, and a rescue, who thinks he rules all. 





 What a great way to show a vintage license! 







A pocket for French flashcards. 



Vintage French Button Card


Below is a fabric tag that I received from a friend years ago.



I've always been a fan of Cavallini & Co, (bird and French stickers) but all of my postcards are the real deal.






Vintage Menu Card















Vintage Restaurant "To Go" Bag




Vintage Telegram



Vintage Eyeglass Case













I still have some more work to do, little details, fill in some blank spots, but overall I LOVE how my book came out and had to share it with you all. I've already started on two more. One with a vintage animal theme, and a vintage gypsy theme. Oh, and Halloween, what a great idea! I think I have a new addiction problem, lol.

I hope I have inspired you to create something for yourself. It can be so therapeutic and rewarding. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

xoxo
Rhonda...

A big thanks to Rosemary who made this all possible through her group! xo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love it!! Are you going to write on it?