January 1, 2017

Happy New Year and A Dream Announcement

I have a wonderful way of starting 2017! It has 12 sections, a place to jot down important dates and 13 beautiful pieces of art work. Do you know what it is?  It's the new calendar from Catherine Moore's Character Constructions! And I am so proud to announce that my work was featured in this beauty for the month of June! 


It was really a dream come true to be asked to be a part of this amazing collaboration and to know that many will be viewing something I created for an entire month. I am so very honored!


I have always been a huge fan of the Character Constructions line of stamps. They were one of my very first inspirations when I began creating over eight years ago. I'd always been artistic, but had no real experience using stamps. I would see ads for them in all of the magazines, and I really flipped out over the many Marie Antoinette characters in the Queen of Tarts Set. 

One day, while creating in my new studio, I decided to submit a piece I had created to Stampington & Company, creator of so many amazing art magazines. I knew the piece was gorgeous, anything that contains an image from Character Constructions is. But would it be published? 

One day while visiting a favorite shop, I picked up an issue of Stampers' Sampler. While flipping through the pages, I came across this page. I was looking, thinking to myself, "This looks so familiar, where have I seen this before". Then I realized, "OMG that is MY piece of artwork! OMG I'm in a magazine and am going to be in the next issue". I was blown away and tears filled my eyes. 




And sure enough, the day came that my free issue arrived in my mailbox. And there I was, published with a full page showing my art. I was so very proud! 



Little did I know that one day I would be a Design Team Member for Character Constructions. One day, Catherine Moore would be a friend of mine and would continue to inspire me for years to come. What an incredible and special woman! Her heart is so genuine. Knowing her as an artist and friend has been such a blessing and I could never thank her enough for all of the joy and friendship she has given to me. And here I am, eight years later, doing a month in her wonderful calendar. 


From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much Catherine, for believing in me and all your inspiration! 

I hope my story will inspire you to take a chance, create from your heart, and follow your passions. May 2017 be a year of growth, creativity, joy, love, good heath and many, many blessings! 

XOXO
Rhonda...

3 comments:

CathWren said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story Rhonda! I can only imagine your excitement finding your first published piece of art serendipitously! You know I love your work my friend, from the first time I received one of your sweet tags in the CC tag swap. Your June entry in the calendar demonstrates what a wonderful sense of whimsy you have, as well as exquisite workmanship! Thank you so much for lending your art to the CC 2017 calendar.

Ibarra Creations 4U said...

What a great story! I've been afraid of submitting any of my work but your story has inspired me. Thank you!

Cathy said...

You are an amazing artist & an amazing woman.