Site Under Maintenance

Sorry for the lack of photos. I am slowly fixing the problem. Feel free to contact me for any info.
Thanks for stopping by and please come back again soon!
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for following me!

RhondaMum Followers

June 11, 2014

Go ask Alice..... I think she'll know.......

I think a lot of people/artists are obsessed with Alice. What do you think? I was in an Alice tag swap some years ago, but I find her making frequent appearances just like Marie Antoinette. Imagine the tea party they would have together. I have two wonderful stamp sets from Alpha Stamps, (Alice Tea Party & Alice's Adventures) that I thought would be great for a personal project. I did some more stamping on ribbon and added lots of yummy, rich details. For a complete supply list, scroll to the bottom of this blog post.

This was an old, square bottle I have had for some time now. It became the perfect "canvas" to create on.


Yes, that is an old flashbulb for a bottle topper and after wrapping it with some trims and beaded wire, it looks  like it came with the bottle.



The bottle had lots of raised images so I took some plain paper, a good ole pencil, and scribbled to get a pattern of the design. Then I was able to make a stencil and trim my paper to fit each area of the bottle, making it look as if it came that way from long ago. 




This was a fun and easy project to make and I especially like how the light shines through the bottle, bottle top and the beads. Another successful project where all of the pieces fell into place. I love it when that happens. Thanks for stopping by! 

XOXO

Supplies Used:
 
Glass Window Beads - Large Aqua
Glass Window Beads - Small Aqua

2 comments:

sheilaAR said...

oh my word! this is so cool Rhonda!! Usually I don't go in for altering bottles but this is amazing! And yes, I am one of those Alice nuts too... Tell me, what did u use to color the stamped images, markers of some sort like Copics? Love the bulb, clever girl!! xo

Deb~Paxton Valley Folk Art said...

Beautiful altered bottle, love the Alice theme!