March 19, 2014

Alpha Stamps French Corsets

You know if the word "French" is included, I am in with bells on! This months Alpha Stamps kit has a theme of French Corsets. I went a little bit overboard with this first project. I had decorated one of the new Die-Cut Chipboard Corsets with the new Rose Burlap Ribbon and suddenly decided to attach it to a paper mache dress form that I covered with French Heritage Pink Ticking Linen 12 x 12 Scrapbook Paper. Next thing I know it has a light pink tulle netting skirt and a Vintage German doll head. What could be better now, really?
 
 
 
This little Victorian Cameo Button made the perfect accesory for her neck.
 
Supplies Used:
 
Die-Cut Chipboard Corse
French Heritage Pink Ticking Linen Scrapbook Paper
Tulle Netting - 6 Inch Wide - Light Pink
Printed Burlap Ribbon - Roses
The Garden Boudoir Scrapbook Paper
Pink Sweeper Fringe
Crushed Velvet Ribbon - Dusty Rose
Seam Binding - Medium Pink
Victorian Cameo Buttons
 
There are so many things you can do with these two styles of corsets. 
 
Die-Cut Chipboard Corset*    Fancy Corset Chipboard Embellishment
 
This next piece actually took longer for me to make then the doll. I used three colors of seam binding and wove it into one large piece. Then I adhered it to a piece of Garden Boudoir 12x12 scrapbook paper, then attached that to another chipboard corset. After I cut it out, I added a tad of glue to the edges and then decorated. I would so wear this corset in real life. It is one of my favorite color combinations and would be very flattering. Maybe I should start desighning corsets, lol. 
 
 
Supplies Used:

Die-Cut Chipboard Corset
The Garden Boudoir Scrapbook Paper
Teardrop Fused Pearls (Strands)
Cream Seam Binding
Seam Binding - More Pinks - Vivid Pink
Black Seam Binding
Stitched Leaf Ribbon - Moss Green
Old Fashioned Roses - White
Distress Paints - Peeled Paint

I hope you like my French Corsets. Head on over to Alpha Stamps to check out the new kit for March and let your imagination go wild. You will love how it all falls into place. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by! 

No comments: