May 15, 2010

German Doll Heads, Frozen Charlottes and Odd - Oh My!

I found an old drawer from a library card catalog. What a great spot for some of my collection. I know, I have a problem. It's out of hand. I see these little dolls and loose all control. But I know some of you can relate.















My mom and I haven't been out in a long time. She had carpel tunnel surgery and has these two pins sticking out of her wrist. She will have them removed in a few more weeks and then have the other hand done. Then, both of my parents are having knee surgery, ugh! But it was nice to get out while we could and we found this AWESOME new antique shop. I was so excited, especially since my favorite vendor at another shop is no longer there. He carried all sorts of fabulous old French ephemera. That seems to be happening a lot lately. I think it is due to the economy. Mom and I went all over this fabulous place, and of course I was looking for doll heads in addition to my usual Eiffel Tower/all things French. Then I told my mom, "Help! I've become my mother! What is wrong with me?" She laughed of course, but I always hated all of her strange dolls while I was growing up. I swear one of them was haunted and it's eyes would follow you around. I don't have any of those types, but love my German doll heads. She gave me my birthday present early. A gorgeous doll head with arms and legs. Fabulous! Look for me soon on an episode of "Hoarders", hahaha.


11 comments:

Terri Gordon said...

Hi Rhonda, what a wonderful post, I also collect these dolls, I want to make some tassel dolls with mine and some on bobbins, I have to make some arms out of clay first. What a wonderful collection. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend and I hope your parents get well soon. Hugs, Terri

Olivia said...

Hello! Your blog is very pretty! I love old dollys too! Please stop by and say hi if you get a chance , hugs,
OLivia

Debby said...

WOW!!! Talk about doll heads, you have them all girl! Good for you. I am laughing about becoming your Mother, funny how we do that.
Debby

Tristan Robin said...

wow - what an amazing collection - and so many are so remarkably intact!

I'm having both knees replaced later this year too ... not looking forward to it.

Unknown said...

Rhonda, thanks for your visit today. I already became a follower of your blog since I really like what I saw. Those little dolls, that is quite a collection. I love them but I can't find them and when I do they are too high. Lucky indeed. I started to sell my collection @ my shop and like everything else all the sudden they became very popular. Then I tried to start a new collection, wake up call on that. I did the same thing with my vintage lace and buttons. Oh well...Take care and visit again, blessings, Marta.

Outofmymind said...

I'm coveting your collection. I LOVE the dolls too but have a hard time with the prices. Thanx for sharing and tell your mom to recover quickly. My thoughts are with you both.

Julia said...

I know what you mean with the haunting doll:):) Its because the eyes are dead I think :):)

All the best for your parents and if you have time you can go to Etsy convo for your free sheets .

Wonderful blog you have , so much beauty to see! A feast for the eye!

xxx Julia

blessings said...

I think they are kinda cute. It's funny my sister and I tease my mom about her "ugly doll collection". But hers really are ugly. Your sweet collection is LOVELY. Blessings.. Polly

Rella said...

This made me laugh! My daughter used to turn the head totally backwards on a doll in her room because she said it creeped her out! Made me laugh. I love your dolly collection..and so glad to hear your Mom's operation is over and she is on the mend.

xox Rella

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

FABULOUS collection!!!!! I can relate :).
xoxo,
Kristin

Lana Manis said...

Ooooh Rhonda ~ I love your collection! Thanks so much for emailing me ~ I have been so busy, but I will definitely find the time to reply in more detail by the weekend. Hope to see you in June! :)