March 13, 2010

Elegant Paper Shoe Swap

Leave it to my favorite Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group to teach me something wonderful and new. Terri from Artful Afirmations hosted a paper shoe swap that I was so nervous about attempting. But it is through the nerves that I learn something new and I have grown so much as an artist since I joined this group over a year ago. Terri has a fantastic tutorial showing how to make these fabulous shoes. You can view it here Elegant Shoe Tutorial.



Here are the shoes that I created for this swap. It is a 3 for 3 swap, but I made an extra one for Terri as a gift. I made a few before I got the hang of it and now it is a piece of cake. I am ready to make more and have even joined a new swap to make one more.



This is the only one that I made with a heel. It is a task that I need to practice on some more but I love how it turned out. I used a wooden decorative piece for the heel as well as a wooden flower for decore. I painted them both with gold and pink Smooch.




This one contains layers of vintage lace as well as some pearls form an old strand.




I love how this one turned out. It almost looks like a real shoe and if it were real I would wear this one for sure. I used some of my favorite vintage lace on this one and an earring.





I love how this one turned out. I used some crepe paper trim and paper flowers accented with gold glass glitter.




I hope that whoever receives one of my shoes likes it and can find some inspiration through it. A huge thanks to the amazing Terri for all of her hard work for this swap that I have enjoyed so much! Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

Terri said...

Rhonda, your shoes are so lovely!
I know you had fun with these. It is hard not to (I am done with mine for the swap but think I am going to make more).
I love all your lace. It really makes them romantic looking!

Carolyn said...

Wow! Those are terrific! I love shoes and have too many pairs ;-), and if these were real, I'd buy them in a heartbeat they're so beautiful! Well, you've just given me some wonderful inspiration for the tons of scrap paper I've got. Great job, and thanks so much for sharing!

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Hello Rhonda,

These shoes are just too cute!! I've seen them before but can't remember which blogger had made them.

Is there a tutorial anywhere? I'd love to try it.

I've got my PiNk Saturday post up if you'd like to come by to see it. :0)

I hope you are having a good weekend...

Hugs,
Stephanie ♥

Robin said...

Your shoes are stunning! Love all the details in each one and the colors are so gorgeous!!

debi said...

Now see Rhonda? You were nervous for nothing! Your shoes are Gorgeous!! I love the heel on the one shoe...that's so pretty, I'm going to have to try one of those.

Tristan Robin said...

what pretty shoes! good on you for taking up a new technique!

Jan Thomason said...

hey, rhonda!
wow, your shoes are da bomb! i love them - you did such an amazing job!

hope all is well with you,
jan

Cassandra said...

I have not been in blogland for awhile, I've been so busy. I just thought I would stop by to see what you have been up to. Wow such beautiful things. I LOVE THESE SHOES. I love the wooden heel. To cute. Thanks for sharing :)
xox Cassandra

Kris Dickinson said...

Beautiful shoes! I wish I had gotten one but I did get your "Let Them Eat Cake" shoe and it's fantastic so I am content! ((HUGS)) Kris

Rella said...

I was lucky enough to receive the one with the brown velvet flower embellishment and green inner sole and I can tell you it is STUNNING in person. I love it and have it proudly displayed.

xox Rella