October 4, 2008

A Holiday Swap For A Cause


You all know that I am addicted to swaps. Well, I just found out about one that not only will be fun for those that are swapping, but will give some help to a great cause. Jenni from My Happy Little Life is hosting this one on one swap which also gives to Pediatric Cardiomyopathy. Here is what Jenni shares:

My daughter, Emersyn, was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy when she was 6 months old. Pediatric Cardiomyopathy is a life-threatening disease that affects about 300,000 children in the United States. Research on pediatric cardiomyopathy is extremely under-funded. For that reason, and to help raise awareness, I am hosting this FUNdraiser!! All proceeds will benefit the Children's Cardiomyopathy Foundation. For more information on the foundation or on pediatric cardiomyopathy visit: http://www.childrenscardiomyopathy.org/ Now for the fun part. This is a My Favorite Things Swap with a Holiday/Winter theme. You will be assigned a partner whom you will send your three favorite Holiday/Winter items, one handmade item, and a hand-written card. You will receive a fun package from someone else in return. In order to participate there is a $15 charge. All of that will be donated to the foundation.All you need to do is join before October 31 by clicking on the donate button at the top of my blog, donate the $15, and send an e-mail to jenni@hughes.myrf.net with your name,e-mail, and address. Partners will be assigned by November 10. That will give you lots of time to shop for your partner before the package needs to be sent out by December 1.You can still donate even if you prefer not to participate in the swap. ( But that's the fun part!!) Just click on the donate button and enter in your donation amount.The more people that know about this the merrier, so PLEASE, mention it on your blog, send an e-mail to friends and family. Let's have some fun!!

I am really excited about this swap and I hope that you will join in as well, even if it is just to donate to the cause. To find out more, visit Jenni at the link above where you can sign up for her wonderful Holiday swap and give to Children's Cardiomyopathy Foundation. And a huge kudos to Jenni for thinking of a great way to make a difference and have some fun.

Rhonda...


1 comment:

Jenni said...

Hi Rhonda! How sweet of you to post this on your blog. Thank you for supporting my cause! I would love a banner. I really don't much about it, though. I would also love to participate in the card a day for Lynn. Email me when you get a chance. jenni@hughes.myrf.net
Thanks again, Jenni