April 10, 2008

How many stories can one button hold?


I really want to be one of those awesome bloggers that post a new message every day or so. Thus far, I'm not doing a very good job. Before I was feeling under the weather, (and by the way, I haven't had a migraine in days) I had gone into my blog "kitchen" and saved titles for some posts that I wanted to do. At the time, I had just had an awesome "me" day with lots of cool finds. One of which were the several jars of buttons below.

I look at a button and I think to myself, "Imagine what this button has seen", figuratively speaking of course. Yesterday, my oldest and I went looking for goodies for my Vintage Party swap buddie, and we found the most beautiful buttons. Sorry, that will be another post, because I am an official "button floozie" and must add pics for all of my button buddies to see. I told her, "Let's say you have a favorite sweater that you wear often. This sweater has several buttons down the front and the one right here (point to location of a top button) gets to see all that you do. Imagine all of the stories it could tell". She liked this thought and luckily the store owner has a passion for buttons as well. Imagine....

While out thrifting one day, I came across not only these wonderful jars which vendors often like to charge an arm and a leg for, but they came as you see them here.... FULL OF BUTTONS! Now, I don't know what jars go for around your area, but the bigger one there on the right will often cost you at the least, $12 IF you are lucky. All three of these jars, same vendor, full of buttons, I think I paid around $18. Now, that would be a great buy for the jars alone in my book, but full of buttons as well. You just can't beat that. Let's explore and see what's inside...


Drum roll please! (My girls LOVED this part) Pooooouuuuuurrrrrr....


This little jar had many buttons......


This medium jar had more.......


And this large jar had soooo maaaany buttons, what do you think they were used for????

There are several buttons that have perked my curiosity. I am going to post many more pics of these buttons at Abbie's Button Floozie spot so take a looksie over there. You can also click on the above pictures to get a closer look. Gems or junk, I LOVE buttons.

"Wouldn't you love to be a floozie too!"















1 comment:

Sherry said...

I love the sound buttons make when they spill from the jar...but when they bounce from the table or counter to the floor and ping around..not so much!!! lol!!