February 24, 2008

Creative Therapy

Having a blog and my etsy shop have really changed my life for the better. I feel more complete now, like I have more purpose. Don't get me wrong, I know how blessed I am to have the job of SAHM. People don't give SAHM enough credit for their JOB. Even I didn't give moms enough credit before I had my own children. I thought I knew it all because I was a teacher. Not true! And it is a job; cleaning, cooking, bathing toddlers and making lunches, and it never stops. Just because it is the weekend doesn't mean that a mom has the day off.

Lucky for me I have an amazing husband. Yesterday a friend of mine had her Stampin' Up Saturday gathering to make cards, drink coffee and "have a break". My best friend was there and we actually got to spend the entire day together. And I really mean the ENTIRE day. From 10:00 in the morning till 12:00 midnight when I got home. We went from making cards, to eating lunch, then to a movie (27 Dresses which was really cute) and then off to watch the Tennessee game. I'm not big into watching sports, but that was an amazing game! I know, I should be more supportive, being the Volunteer graduate that I am. But hey, I am mentioning it here. Congrats to the UT men's basketball team, enough said.

So, my amazing husband told me to take my time because he knew that I needed a break. Last week my oldest was sick and then schools were closed due to all of the cooties going around. I was OVER it and REALLY wanted to get out of the house. Hell, I had been stuck in it for six days with sickness. "Calgon take me away!"

Hubby did ALL of the laundry during the past two days. I can actually walk into my laundry room. He also installed a new garbage disposal and took care of the girls. When my husband decides to do something, he does it amazingly well. Thank you so much honey! You are the best!

Even on Friday night he gave me a break. I sat on my spot in the floor of my craft room, I mean, my STUDIO, and created to my hearts content. Then, I took pictures and listed all of my items in my shop. It felt fabulous!


I love fancy paper, big ribbons and all of my cool Eiffel Tower stamps. I can never have to many and look for new ones almost daily.


This stamp is by Just Johannah. It is just so whimsical and pretty. I stamped it onto some lovely toile paper, another fav, and even put embossed card stock on the back with a black rhinestone on the tippy top!
I also love unique bird stamps. This one is not unique as I am sure you have all seen it and probably own it yourself. I mean really, who doesn't love all of the items from Cavallini & Co. And by the way, have you seen the cover of their new 2009 Bird Calendar? If not, click here.... http://www.cavallini.com/calendars.html.


Love the tower, love my tags!



This batch I really love. It is one of my new unmounted rubber stamps and I used it on some of my vintage ledger paper. So, a ledger stamp on some ledger paper - cool!

I had a great weekend, and I hope that all of you did as well. It has been quiet here in blog land, but I think that will change tomorrow. Hope you all have a great Monday and a great week!

Brakes.... Screechchchchchcchchchchchch!!!!!!

Wait, before I go, (I feel like the little boy in the A Christmas Story movie at the top of the slide before Santa shoves him down) have any of you seen the movie Life Is Beautiful (1998)? I watched it today and it was amazing. I have to warn you that I literally wept at the end of the movie and it really worried my husband who had been downstairs finishing the laundry. It was just so amazing, this wonderful father in the movie. Here is some more from Yahoo! Movies.


"In 1939, Guido, an Italian Jew, falls in love with Dora, who isn't Jewish. He woos her away from the Fascist official she has been dating, and they get married. Their son Giosue grows up among growing anti-Semitism. As the war progresses, Guido and Giosue are arrested and taken to a concentration camp. Dora goes too, determined not to separate the family. In the midst of the horrors of the camp, Guido protects his son by pretending that survival in the concentration camp is an elaborate game with which Giosue must play along or be sent home."

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you had a great time, so glad you were able to get away. Your hubby is very thoughtful! No kids for us, so I sometimes wonder how people don't get "me time", my friends with kids sure put me in my place quick. lol. You have a good week to...

wanderlustandpixiedust said...

Hey Rhonda,
Thanks for stopping by. I've been so out of it lately and I am trying to catch up as usual. Your blog looks great by the way!

Do you still have Priscilla's book by any chance? I have her pages ready to mail out.

I also go into Michael's and Joann's armed with lots of competitor coupons. My sister is too embarrassed to do this. I noticed that sometimes they hand write and note the transaction on "list."
Are they keeping track of us? Well I don't know about you but I'm taking my chances! This is how I justify using and going through so much gel medium!
V.

Carolyn said...

Hi R..

Your hubby knows you too well , to let you have some well deserved me time , and you used it wisely !
I too love Cavallini , been trying to get the tin of bird stickers over here - with out much luck yet !

xx