August 15, 2010

Petite Bead Box Swap


My amazing friend Cassandra from My Artful Adventures, hosted a wonderful bead box swap. Participants were placed into groups of four and we each sent our partners a decorated box of beads in their favorite colors. So that meant that I received a beautiful package on not one, not two, but THREE days! Woohoo! What could be better?



I created three boxes, each in my partner's favorite colors. I used some vintage sheet music, mother of pearl buttons and micha flakes to decorate each box. I love how they came out!



I then went shopping for unique beads in each of my partner's color choices. Some were found locally and most I purchased especially for them on line. Of course, I had to pick up a few for myself as well, lol.



The first package I received was from Lisa at Dollie's Daughter. It was obvious to me that Lisa did her research and created a box that was so, so personal. It literally brought a tear to my eye. I have loved elephants for many years and to combine that with my love of all things French was just so special.




Look how the little blue tag says, "le bebe". Too precious!


And then inside of the card was this sweet little story. It was just so perfect for me. Lisa's details really touched my heart. Thank you so much Lisa and I hope our friendship continues to grow!





These beads are just too wonderful. And look at the little elephants. I just know I am going to create some beautiful items with these thoughtful beads.



Below are the beads that I gathered for Lisa.




The next package I received was from Renee from The Chateau of Remnants. Her box was gorgeous and I love the big flower and burlap on it.




Inside were some fabulous goodies, some vintage and some new. I really like the little wooden coin with the bird on it too. Thank you Renee!



And these are the beads that I gathered for Renee, along with a vintage bauble.




My final package was from Francie at The Scented Cottage. It was another thoughtful creation, just for little ole' me. Not only did the box have an Eiffel Tower on it, but there was an Eiffel Tower charm as well.

The beads that she sent to me were also fabulous as well. Thank you so much Francie!



I love this little matchbox that she made, filled with thoughtful treasures. Thank you so much Francie!



And below are the beads that I put together for Francie.




Not only was this a fun swap but I met some wonderful ladies as well and hope to stay in touch with them. Thank you so much for this fun swap Cassandra! I hope you will be doing another one, hint, hint, hint. Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

The Chateau of Remnants said...

It was great being your partner! thank you for all adorable box and beads!!

Toodles
Renee ♥

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Those are just to cute, they are so fun to look at!

Carol

Cassandra said...

I am so glad you joined! Everything sent and received looks so very pretty! xo Cassandra

ViviBijoux said...

I must say they're all lovely but I do love your boxes best! how gorgeous inside the box too with polka dots! Fab ^_^ Virginie from vivibijoux.com

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Such fabulous bead swaps and boxes... everyone looks to have taken such care in creating and assembling them. Thank you for your comment on my blog today! =)

Awishdream said...

Rhonda~Love your new blog look!... I always like visiting you with all your creative treasures!

Cheers!
Melanie