February 24, 2010

Itty Bitty Favorite Color Book Swap

I was so excited when I learned that my friend Mary Ann was going to start making some more Itty Bitty Books. I have always been addicted to these swaps. Below are my pages for the newest book, Favorite Color. It's hard to decide on a favorite for me. It depends on what I'm using the color for. I can say that the combination of pink and brown is very pleasing to my eye. So, I decided to go with that for my page.



I used the flowers from the collage sheet Shabby Roses created by my friend Cassandra at Cassi's Creations. I love being on her design team because there is never a problem with my creative muse when using one of her designs.




I used Cassandra's sheet Shabby Whimsy Christmas for the back of my page because I loved all of the layered elements that it contained. I then added her roses from the first sheet to tie it all together.




I used several of the flowers from the sheet to make the floral draping on the bottom of the page. I then cover the flowers with vintage clear glass glitter. I love the way it makes an image sparkle yet keeps the color intense.




The roses on the top of the page are double layered because I love the dimensional effect it brings to a piece and I seem to be addicted to doing this. I also covered the top layer with vintage clear glass glitter. I love using Dresden borders on my work and the pink added just the right touch.



A huge thank you to Mary Ann for starting up the Itty Bitty Book group again, now on facebook and of course many thanks to Cassandra for her constant inspiration. Be sure to check out her March ezine Pretty Spring Things! The February ezine was fabulous!


4 comments:

Terri Gordon said...

Rhonda, your pages are beautiful.

Kim said...

Rhonda, I love your itty bitty book pages! I had heard about these swaps but didn't know anything about them. Would it be possible to get the group info from you?

Hugs!

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

very very pretty!

Terri said...

Rhonda, these little works of art are gorgeous! I love the glass glitter you accented the flowers with, perfect!