February 27, 2010

Beautiful Jewelry From Beautiful Friends

I have had some wonderful, wonderful jewelry sent to me over the past couple of months. You have already seen my Marie Antoinette and Twilight Swap bracelets. Now here are some more items to share.

I hosted a Valentine Soldered Pendant Swap over at my favorite Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group and the pieces that these talented artists made were fabulous. My partner was Melanie from Artful Interludes and I was blown away by her work. Of course this is also the gal who inspired me before I ever picked up my soldering iron for the first time. I just love the pendant that she created for me and have already received so many compliments on it. She placed it on a beautiful ribbon with a lobster clasp and I can also put it onto my silver slide necklace that I wear. Stop by her blog to see pictures of her yellow themed soldered charms for the next swap that I am hosting. Thank you again Melanie!




Another friend of mine that I also met through the Marie group was having a giveaway on her blog and I actually won it! I was amazed because I rarely win anything. Terri from Artful Affirmations is the lovely friend that I am talking about. She is such a sweet soul and I feel so blessed to know her. She just did a post about a necklace that she made that is similar to my beautiful bracelet below which came all wrapped in a beautiful toile box with lace bow. Toile is a favorite of mine so it was extra special.



This package could not have come at a better time. I was having a hard week, still dealing with the death of my dog and I almost felt as if my pup was sending me some love from puppy heaven when I won this. My oldest daughter flipped when she saw it and asked me if I would be passing it down to her one day because she is a Valentine baby and it has hearts on it. Isn't that sweet and funny at the same time.



Then I noticed that it had this pretty ladybug bead on it. The girls and I always say that when we see a ladybug, it is my grandma Betty sending us her love from heaven. Terri said that she had not planned on putting it on there at first but when she saw it she just had to put it on. Isn't that neat. Thank you again for my beautiful bracelet Terri. I will treasure it forever!



My friend Cassandra from My Artful Adventures is another inspiring person in my life. Because of her I am a lot more adventurous as an artist and she has brought a lot of joy to my life. When she did a post on her blog about her bracelet below that she created, OH MY GOSH I HAD TO HAVE IT! I was thrilled to find out she was going to sell it on her Etsy shop The Boutique of Enchantment I contacted her immediately and said, "You have to sell it to me!" And lucky for me, she still had it and it's MINE!



And as many of you know, I am obsessed with The Eiffel Tower and all things French, so it's understandable why I had to have it. And now, you really can't get it off of my wrist. I have always loved charm bracelets and usually grab my vintage silver bracelet with vintage Parisian charms. But ever since I got this it is the one I grab and I have had so many compliments on it. People really flip out when they see it. Each soldered piece is double sided and I love the bead work that Cassandra does. Wonder which one of my girls will be the lucky one to have this passed down to them, lol?



And last but not least is another beautiful creation from Cassandra. Below is a gift that Cassandra gave to me and I teared up big time when I opened this lovely up. No bracelet can have too many charms on it or too big of a charm on it. I love big jewelry and this is perfect for me. The large stone is an amethyst color, along with many of the smaller beads, so once again my Valentine girl feels this belongs to her because it has hearts and her birthstone on it. I have created a monster, lol. Thank you again Cassandra... for everything!



I hope that you enjoyed my beautiful treasures! May you be blessed with many as well! xoxo


8 comments:

Awishdream said...

Thank you Dear Rhonda for posting my pendant! I'm so looking forward to the next soldering swap!
I've enjoyed traveling through your lovely blog! You're such an inspiration!

Cheers,
Melanie :)

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

What treasure trove you've shown today - so many lovely lovely pieces.

How women can stand to wear that stuff clunking on their wrists, I'll never understand LOL I can't even abide a watch LOL.

But they sure are pretty to look at! Melanie's pendant is gorgeous.

I just took a class in soldering, so, as soon as my iron and temperature thingie arrive, I'm going to start soldering like a maniac!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh MY Gosh Dear Rhonda sweetie...
I found your blog reading through another, and I am so amazed. My gosh your work and the friends of yours, is truly beautiful. I have so wanted to learn to solder and do some of these pendants with the memory glass. Can you recommend any books to me? Where can a person start with this? I so want to learn and I adore what you have done. How beautiful and these swaps are magnigicent. I love each piece you have received. How gorgeous they are. Have you considered making a tutorial for others to learn?

I have signed up to follow you. I cannot wait to see what you share next. What a beautiful blog home. Please stop by and advise me on any books or hints that you might can share. I would be so honored if you signed up to follow my blog as well. Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Debby said...

Oh my gosh, so many beautiful things, love all of it. I know Terri a little from another group and she is just the sweetest person ever and I was lucky enough to win one of Cassandra's awesome cakes, so pretty.
All of your friends do beautiful work.
Debby

Terri said...

Rhonda, thank you for including my (your!) bracelet in your post. I am so delighted you like it!
Melanie's soldered pendant is so pretty! And Cassandra's Paris bracelet is gorgeous as well. I saw it on her blog and drooled over it!
Have fun with your new jewelry : )

Terri Gordon said...

Oh Rhonda, what beautiful jewelry, your are one lucky lady. Thank you for sharing, I love Terri's bracelet it is just beautiful and Melanie's work is wonderful. Just a beautiful post. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Terri

Sugar and Spice Art Confections said...

Gorgeous bracelets girl! I love them all!

Jodi Ohl said...

I'd be in heaven with all the sweetness you were showered with in the swaps and with your purchases!! I love charm bracelets!

Thank you for joining my class Rhonda, I'm blessed to have such wonderful and sweet students :))