January 20, 2010

Dancing Dolls - Twilight Dreams

Here is my latest design for Cassi's Design Team. As soon as I saw these adorable sheets from Cassandra's shop, Cassi's Creations, I had a ton of ideas flowing through my mind. I really want to create something for my daughter's rooms after I have more "artful adventures". That's the name of Cassandra's blog, My Artful Adventures, lol.




I used two of Cassandra's pages. Doll Parts which contains 6 pairs of arms, 6 pairs of legs, and 6 pairs of wings and Doll Dresses which contains 15 different dresses.





I layered a plain canvas with layers of vintage papers and then painted it lightly with gold paint mixed in with some matte medium. The bottom has some paper lace and then I added trim to the top and bottom.




I used glass glitter to "paint" in certain parts of each image. Some shops will let you purchase a small sample of glitter so you can check it out before you buy a large portion. I had several colors and used colors that the images contained. I love how it turned out.





The image of the doll's head came from another friend's shop, Kristen from Retro Cafe Art. This is the awesome gal that I have purchased several of my head collection from. You can see them if you click here, but don't buy too many because I am about due for some more. Her doll head collage sheet is here. Now if I could only find a rubber stamp with this image. I would be thrilled to find one so if anyone out there knows of one PLEASE let me know! Thanks!



I am going to add this to my collection of heads and doll art that I have already made. I hope you like this recent project and may you have fabulous creativity during your week! Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Oh this is so cute! Great job. Hugs Cassandra

Thespa McLaughlin said...

Neat! I like it!

Sugar and Spice Art Confections said...

Rhonda~ I am loving this!!! Awesome work girl!

Retro Cafe' Art Gallery said...

Oh, this is absoltely adorable! I love it! And thanks for the shout out! Although, I'm still aching from the puppy story :(.
xoxo,
Kristin