December 22, 2009

Simple and Pretty Ornaments

I love being on Cassandra's design team. She made up the most beautiful holiday collage sheets with my favorite British robins. Talk about simple to make. She did all of the work for me. All I did was print up these beautiful images and then the girls helped to make these ornaments.




After adding these to some sturdy cardstock with ribbon, we added some mica flakes and some silver German glass glitter. I love these two elements on Christmas decorations. Don't worry, the girls used gloves and were very careful. They know not to touch this glitter and I did most of the work on that part.


I've had these globe ornaments since last year. Just seemed like a perfect element, these trees, to put inside of the globes along with some mica flakes.



The back of these beauties are Cassandra's designs as well. Add some mica and trim and you're done.









This picture is very blurry as I took it with no flash, but it allows you to see how the Christmas tree lights shine through these globes. They look really beautiful.
My thanks again to Cassandra for all of her hard work this year and for believing in my work for her design team. To get some of Cassandra's designs for your work visit her shop Cassi's Creations.
Have a great holiday!

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

I see a robin - or two !! ;o)
Your ornaments are beautiful and glad the girls helped you out in their own way .
I`ve seen glass globe ornaments , where they take the top off and fill it - a good idea !!

Enjoy your holiday too !
Love ya

Tristan Robin Blakeman said...

Lovely!

You two make a terrific team!

Bryanna Lenan said...

The ornaments are truley lovely!! xo Bryanna

Terri said...

Rhonda, your ornaments have come out beautifully. And how fab that your girls helped make them!
Thanks for mentioning the gloves for glass glitter, I did not know that and I just bought my first jar of it!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Joan@atnthinggoeshere said...

How pretty your ornaments are! Merry Christmas

Cassandra said...

Hey girl! Just stopped by to say Merry Christmas wishing you a wonderful holiday full of lots of warmth.

Hugs Cassandra

Nerissa Alford said...

just beautiful! how fun to make ornaments with the kids.

Anonymous said...

prefect..................................................

Martha's Favorites said...

They are beautiful. You do stunning work. I want to wish you a very blessed 2010. Martha

Digi Kitty said...

WOW all of your work is so elegant! It reminds me of Victorian Germany! Gorgeous!

Purrs & Kisses,
Kristal of Digi Kitty
Digi stamps, challenges, & Fun!