October 2, 2009

Updates

I have had so many wonderful people contact me to wish Chuck well and let us know he is in their prayers. Thank you so very much. He is hanging in there, doing well, and waiting to see how the procedure worked out. Luckily he is taking it easy. Most of the time it is all I can do to try to convince him to stay off of his foot. Well, he is a grown man so it's not like I can force him to do anything, lol. I don't think the procedure was the success that we were hoping for, but it was somewhat successful. We just have to take things a day at a time. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

You've probably noticed that my blog is a mess. I changed my background yesterday and was adding here and adjusting there. Next thing I know I am back to a two column blog with my column at the bottom of my page. I have no idea what I did wrong, but it is driving me mad! I went in and altered all of my codes again, but it still is not working. It looked so awesome too. UGH! Please excuse the mess. I'm not sure what to do but will continue to work on it until I get it to where I like it at least a little bit. So frustrating! I saved my template but can't find it for the life of me. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

My plan for the weekend is to relax, sleep in tomorrow (I hope, if the girls allow it, hahaha) and finish up some projects. Speaking of projects. My friend Cassandra is having a Twilight charm bracelet swap. I am SO EXCITED about New Moon coming out, OMG! NEXT MONTH! The actors who play Bella and Jacob will be in town for the premiere. Wouldn't that be an excellent way to see the movie. Most of the tickets are going to corporations, but you can register to win. However, if you win the tickets you still have to pay $100 per ticket. I just don't think my husband will go for that. I can dream though. Regardless, I am super excited about this movie.

So, back to that bracelet swap. I have been dying to learn how to make soldered charms. I have the tools, but have been too chicken to try it out. I just ordered the Swank Girls DVD along with some other tools. I can't wait to watch it. Cassandra said it was very helpful, and her soldered charms are gorgeous. I so hope to have this as a new hobby as well. I'd like to sign up for this swap. I am a bit nervous about getting all of the charms made that are necessary, and also being "good enough" to give the other artist the quality of charms that they deserve. Chuck and my mom think I should go for it, and I think I am going to kick myself if I don't. So in typing this, I think I have just made my decision. I hope that Cassandra will have me. That girl is amazing!

So, off to finish an etsy order, a bracelet, and play mommy. Have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

Bee Serendipitous said...

Hi Rhonda...Chuck and yourself will both still be in my prayers...and I think you should go for the soldering charms - I did the same with Silver Bella I joined a Silver Soldering Charm Swap - its definitely out of the box for me but I send you won't know until you try...maybe we could give each other pointers...well I'm off to work at Anthropologie...have a honey of a night - may sweet things come your way! grace peace joy love & many blessings 2 U, Marlene